Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The WORST Interview In The History Of Interviews!!!
wdmmom 01:47 PM 04-10-2012
I have been looking to replace my staff assistant. I had an interview this morning that by far takes the cake of the worst staff assistant interviews ever!

First off, she's 10 minutes early and I'm not ready.

I scramble to get everything moved and everyone situated and go about the interview.

She first starts telling me how hard it was to find my place and she went too far, and had she not have had the right house, she was going to turn around and go home!

Who says that?! First of all, she had my address and she had my cell phone number!

I have a list of 15 questions that I go over with each person I interview. From question 1 on, I don't think I ever got an honest answer without a full blown story to go along with it.

She elaborated on her father's death on Valentine's Day to having a miscarriage last month to how she is now abstinent! Who talks about that kind of stuff during an interview.

Good grief this girl had more baggage and drama and a motor mouth that wouldn't quit! I couldn't get a word in edge wise!!

It was the most emotionally draining interview I've ever had in my life. It couldn't have ended soon enough!!!
cheerfuldom 01:55 PM 04-10-2012
RUN!!! I always carefully interview assistants and even say in my ads, no drama! I had one assistant cry in front of a parent because she and her boyfriend were fighting, it was so embarrassing for me! I finally fired her and straight out told her that she just as too much drama for me and perhaps she should take some time to get her personal life under control before pursuing another job.
daycare 02:02 PM 04-10-2012
lol....wow that sounds horrible..
I cant stand when people try to use me as their Councillor.... Just this morning a mom called me to tell me (on the way to my house at 730am) how horrible she has been feelling and she is so over worked and tired and needs money........blah blah blah.....I just put the phone on speaker and walked away....lol I think she got the point by the time she got to my door.

Hope she takes hearing you don't have the job well...................
Blackcat31 02:13 PM 04-10-2012
NEXT!!!

....at least you were entertained for a bit!
MarinaVanessa 09:35 AM 04-11-2012
In high school I took a stupid class called "Life Skills" where we learned how to balance a checkbook, write a check, shake hands, how to conduct ourselves during an interview etc. Through the entire class I thought that it was a completely S-T-U-P-I-D class and was aggravated with myself all semester long wondering and kicking myself for not taking Floral Design or Wood Shop or something, anything else, but that class.

The older I got and the more aware I became about people around me I seriously watched as most people "grew up" and other people stayed the same and I realized that those were the people that needed to take that class in HS. Really? She talked about a miscarriage and not having sex??? Who does that????
Ariana 09:36 AM 04-11-2012
Some people have soooo many problems. YIKES
wdmmom 09:40 AM 04-11-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
In high school I took a stupid class called "Life Skills" where we learned how to balance a checkbook, write a check, shake hands, how to conduct ourselves during an interview etc. Through the entire class I thought that it was a completely S-T-U-P-I-D class and was aggrivated with myself all semester long wondering and kicking myself for not taking Floral Design or Wood Shop or something, anything else, but that class.

The older I got and the more aware I became about people around me I seriously watched as most people "grew up" and other people stayed the same and I realized that those were the people that needed to take that class in HS. Really? She talked about a miscarriage and not having sex??? Who does that????:eek:
That's what I'm saying!!!

Relaxed atmosphere or not, you don't discuss things like that around perfect strangers! It's manners and this girl didn't have a one!

It was AWFUL!

I figure I better send her a response and tell her "thank you for applying..." or she'll probably be the type to hound me!
MarinaVanessa 10:12 AM 04-11-2012
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
That's what I'm saying!!!

I figure I better send her a response and tell her "thank you for applying..." or she'll probably be the type to hound me!
Just do what we all do when there's a family that wants to sign up that you don't want.

"I am still conducting interviews for the next [a long time] weeks. Once I go through them all I will make my decision and notify the person that I selected" How funny would it be if you told her that the position has feen filled and she continues to see advertisements .
cheerfuldom 10:14 AM 04-11-2012
If you ever did hire her, you'd have to hide her from the parents, who knows what she would say to them? or the kids??
Tags:assistant, assistant - from hell, interview - from hell
Reply Up