Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Red Flags
DCMama 08:51 PM 09-26-2012
Just wondering what are some of the providers here "red flags" when interviewing potential families. What are some of the things that you see that would make you feel like you will not work with this family.

I recently got an unexpected interview that make me feel really uncomfortable. First of all, I was not at my daycare in the morning because I had to pick up some stuff. I do not have any kids yet in the morning so that was okay for me to leave. My sister which is my assistance was home and got a call from a parent wanting to know our rate. My sister told them that she cannot tell them that but if they leave their name and number the owner will call them back and answer any questions they may have better. They were like, so we have your address can we come over for a visit? My sister say yes but they won't give her their names and number. I was like, "next time do not allow them to come unless we know a little more info about them." The time that they suppose to come rolled around and they did not show up. All of the sudden 2.5 hours later they showed up and my sister let them in.... gasp. Red flag number one. They stay and show interest but they both are stay home worker so they want to be able to come there and stay with their child while we care for them....gasp Red flag number 2. I told them I won't mind the first day but then they need to let go and let me do my job. (of course I say it in a nice way). He literally say he wants to come here with his laptop and work and his wife can stay with their son in my home.....wthello? I let them have a trail for 2 days but I hope they do not stay for the whole time and will definitely remind them that again in the morning.sigh Really need to talk to them clearly about this again...this is like soooo amazingly weird.
Tags:interview - checklist, red flag, warning
Up