Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Standard Meal Deduction and Turbo Tax
rbmom 11:16 AM 03-08-2013
Where would I enter the amount I am claiming for the standard meal deduction rates in Turbo Tax system? I am using the home and business version.
Thanks!!
frugalmama4 11:49 AM 03-09-2013
Hello,

I just responded to you pm...sorry I wasn't on the forum yesterday.

You may call me if needed...I can walk you through.
rbmom 02:21 PM 03-09-2013
I will and thank you so much!
frugalmama4 05:44 PM 03-09-2013
Hey rbmom,

Leaving my desk for a while...

in TT in the Business "Enter your Expenses section" this is all the information that gets put on Sch-C you can either enter your "food expense" under Other Miscellaneous Expenses should be the last line...and write Food For Daycare Children. It will show up on your sch-c at the bottom under "other".

You can also use Meals and Entertainment section...it gives you two options you would choose the second Meals and Entertainment: 100% Limit and it walks you through. I personally use the "other section" because it allows you to type in what it is exactly.

But do call if you get stuck.
rbmom 07:42 PM 03-09-2013
Thank you again for walking me through it!! You are just awesome!!
TomCopeland 10:04 AM 03-11-2013
Originally Posted by frugalmama4:
Hey rbmom,

Leaving my desk for a while...

in TT in the Business "Enter your Expenses section" this is all the information that gets put on Sch-C you can either enter your "food expense" under Other Miscellaneous Expenses should be the last line...and write Food For Daycare Children. It will show up on your sch-c at the bottom under "other".

You can also use Meals and Entertainment section...it gives you two options you would choose the second Meals and Entertainment: 100% Limit and it walks you through. I personally use the "other section" because it allows you to type in what it is exactly.

But do call if you get stuck.
Don't use the Meals and Entertainment section. That is for food eaten outside of the home.
Tags:deduction - meals, meal deductions, turbo tax
Reply Up