Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Time Set Up
mountainside13 11:16 AM 01-03-2014
We live in a 2 story duplex with a basement. I have the older kids sleep in my kids room upstairs and the 2 younger kids sleep in my room upstairs. The 2 in my room (15 months and 23 months) are difficult sleepers. One day, one will want to sleep and the other will wake up then wake up the other child and vice versa. I have tried keeping one in my room and one in the main living area on the main floor and switching to see which child would do better. But neither would sleep. Thinking it's bc they think it's play time. Yesterday I had the older kids on the main level and the two younger ones in each room upstairs. Still a bust. I can't leave them in there until nap time is over, they will cry and wake everyone up. Oh and I can't let children sleep in the basement! There is not an emergency exit. Today was an unusually tough day! I was really looking forward to nap to get some quiet time after the morning we had. The 2 youngest started screaming and woke up everyone in the house after only 45 minutes, 30 minutes for the big kids. I burned my casserole for lunch because all the kids were fighting and I was trying to de escalate the situation. So we had to settle for turkey sandwiches. I'm sorry. I'm not one to vent but today had been really bad. I don't really think there is a fix to the nap time. But if you can think of anything that would be great! Willing to try anything!

Oh and I finally registered!!
Blackcat31 12:25 PM 01-03-2014
Originally Posted by mountainside13:

Oh and I finally registered!!
Glad to see you did!

No advice on the nap issue though.

I have awesome nappers and luckily they all nap easily and without issue in one giant space.
mountainside13 01:33 PM 01-03-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Glad to see you did!

No advice on the nap issue though.

I have awesome nappers and luckily they all nap easily and without issue in one giant space.
I don't think there is really a solution until we move in the fall and have a bigger place. I used to have a group of great nappers. Really miss that. I guess I was venting more than asking for advice. It's been a better afternoon. Surprising since the kids didn't nap well. The day is nearly over.
Tags:nap, nap - disruptions, naptime issues, naptime routine
Reply Up