Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>OK, I Have Worked In State License (IL DCFS) Daycare Before.
Unregistered 05:37 PM 02-24-2014
OK, I have worked in state license (IL DCFS) daycare before. I have done Teacher, Teacher Assistant, Director, Cook, and Driver. I am male. I am having a tough time getting back into the field. I am thinking of starting my own daycare. There are a few state programs I am looking into. I live with family and do not own or rent my home(I pay them under the table rent). Any ideas on how to start my daycare? I am thinking of starting with ages 2-6 and add infants and school age at latter date. Also I am thinking of living at the daycare. I looked into franchising but they want lots of capital and you have to usually build and or own the building Any suggestions? What are the pros and cons? What are some things as an owner that surprised you the most. I am director (fancy name for manager) certified in my state. My State is Illinois, the county I am is Cook (the same county as Chicago).

Thanks.

Tom Passarelli
sahm1225 08:57 PM 02-25-2014
Are you looking to start a center? Sinceyou worked
for dcfs, you should know they are the first step in opening a center
Reply Up