Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>todays phone call
greenhouse 12:35 PM 01-12-2012
NO greeting.."is this the day care?" Hello,yes it is. "how much do you charge?"
So starting off the conversation this rudely bugs me so much! All providers are about the same $ in this area, ask me about my care, my philosophies, my hours, what I offer anything besides cost first. So I lied and said I was full. Then he says "tell me the cost anyway"- I do. He is displeased and hangs up on me. I think I dodged a bullet anyway.
SilverSabre25 12:40 PM 01-12-2012
that annoys me too. I've had ones that don't even confirm if this is a daycare or say hello or anything. Just "How much do you charge?" And then usually hang up when I tell them.

I've been tempted to tell them, "For rude people, $200/day. For polite people, $120/week. Guess which category you're in?"
greenhouse 12:42 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
that annoys me too. I've had ones that don't even confirm if this is a daycare or say hello or anything. Just "How much do you charge?" And then usually hang up when I tell them.

I've been tempted to tell them, "For rude people, $200/day. For polite people, $120/week. Guess which category you're in?"
Oh that's perfect!!! LOL
Cat Herder 12:47 PM 01-12-2012
Sounds like SOMEBODY was served a NO today, hmmmm, Dad?
greenhouse 12:50 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Sounds like SOMEBODY was served a NO today, hmmmm, Dad?
Please can we get a"talk to the hand" icon??? this board is begging for it. I have seen it on other forums.
KBCsMommy 01:33 PM 01-12-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:

Ive done this ....One guy called at 8:30 at night ( thats just rude anyways)...Asked how much I charge? I say Oh its $300 a week!!

Then he said do you give a sibling discount?

Me: Yes fo two its $600 a week.

He hung up!!!!!!!!!
kidkair 03:08 PM 01-12-2012
This is why I usually let it go to voice mail first. If the message is clear and I can understand them saying their name and number then I'll call back. One message was very nice polite and I was thinking that I would be calling her back soon until I really listened. She said that she was looking for a Christian home and that if I was one I "could call back." Since I'm not one I laughed out loud and then deleted the message.
Reply Up