Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need a Comeback
daycare 05:06 PM 02-28-2014
I am very angry right now. Majority of my families have been with me at least 2 years but no matter what any time their child is sent home sick they always ask can they come back tomorrow.................

they know my rules and my state rules. WHY on earth do they ask, they know I am going to say no, fever/runs/vomit free for a full 24 hours without the aids of medication.............

We have had some illness flying around and kids have been dropping like flies. fever, vomit, ear infection, etc......

Other than repeating yourself over and over saying no its a full 24 hours what other come back can I use....................because what i want to say and what I should say are two totally different things.....lol
MamaBearCanada 07:03 PM 02-28-2014
Response options:

#1. Blunt
- Check the handbook.

#2. Question time

- DCM: Can DCB come back tomorrow?
You: CAN DCB come back tomorrow?
DCM: What do you think?
You: What do YOU think?
DCM: Well I think DCB would be fine?
You: DCB would be fine?
DCM: I'm sure it's teething.
You: Teething?
DCM: Yes
You: YES??
DCM: Maybe I should keep him home to be safe.

You: Good idea

just repeat everything they say back as a question til they give up or say something you agree with lol:
Unregistered 07:34 PM 02-28-2014
Reminder notice?

"It is in the best interest of all involved in our daycare setting if ill children remain home. The following is a reminder of the illness policy to keep on hand. Please note that no exceptions will be permitted."

If someone challenges it, maybe ask if they are no longer in agreement with the policy they signed?
daycare 08:04 PM 02-28-2014
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
Response options:

#1. Blunt
- Check the handbook.

#2. Question time

just repeat everything they say back as a question til they give up or say something you agree with lol:
Hahahahahahahahahaa this is over the top funny. I love it.
CraftyMom 06:27 AM 03-01-2014
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
Response options:

#1. Blunt
- Check the handbook.

#2. Question time

Awesome!!
Laurel 06:46 AM 03-01-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
I am very angry right now. Majority of my families have been with me at least 2 years but no matter what any time their child is sent home sick they always ask can they come back tomorrow.................

they know my rules and my state rules. WHY on earth do they ask, they know I am going to say no, fever/runs/vomit free for a full 24 hours without the aids of medication.............

We have had some illness flying around and kids have been dropping like flies. fever, vomit, ear infection, etc......

Other than repeating yourself over and over saying no its a full 24 hours what other come back can I use....................because what i want to say and what I should say are two totally different things.....lol
If it kept happening over and over, I'd have to be honest. I'd say "I'm curious why you ask about when you can bring them back. I've had the same policy forever. Just wondering, why do you ask?"

Laurel
Blackcat31 07:32 AM 03-01-2014
I use this form. It clearly TELLS the parent the earliest a child may return to care. They must sign and date the form. I usually make two copies. One for the child's file and one for the parent to take home for reference, in case they forget what symptoms are excludable.
Ms.Sachae 11:07 AM 03-01-2014
Yes I would be very Blunt about It. You have to also worry about the other kids.. and thats selfish she even Consider the fact of sending them back instead of watching over her child for 24hrs and making sure everything is ok .. I've had kids have seizers that never had them before ... because their temp was 103 but parents tend to over look and think things are A ok ... WELL IT"S NOT!... But some time you have to just know just because people have children doesn't mean they know what they are doing ... Anywho be BLUNT! Mean what you Say and SAY what you mean .. HUMPH..
Naptime yet? 02:54 PM 03-01-2014
Even though half of my dcps don't read what I send home, I like the form, it gives them a checklist & leaves no doubts as to whether or not Jr can return.
Tags:comebacks, illness policy
Reply Up