Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lakeshore Tempura Paints
snbauser 07:55 AM 12-09-2013
Does anyone else have issues with these? I buy them because I really like how the colors are and how the clean up is and have used them for like 11 years now. I haven't had too much of an issue with them in the past other than occassionally they would separate and when I would shake them back up they would be really watery. But now it seems to be happening more often. And also the colors seem to be changing over time if that makes sense. For example I had paint in the smaller cups that I keep in our art center. But I rotate the colors so they aren't using all of them at once. I had green in there in Sept and Oct. I just picked up the cup off the shelf and the paint had separated. So I mixed it together and now it is really watery and the color is actually a torquiose instead of a green Just curious if anyone else has issues with them or if there is another brand you like.
jessrlee 07:59 AM 12-09-2013
I use Biocolor from Discountschoolsupply.com they have a red that is actually RED I buy it in the gallons and it lasts about 5 or so years. We use it to paint, dye things, fingerpaint etc!
dingledine 08:13 AM 12-09-2013
I haven't used those. I recently opened. I bought some of their fingerpaints and have the same problem. I shake and am like hmmm... is it supposed to be like this?
GrannyJ 08:32 AM 12-09-2013
I will only use Biocolors from Discount school supply. They are true to color. It is hard to teach little ones red and blue when it comes out pink and purple. The paint doesn't crack or fade when dry. You can also use this one paint for everything. It is really worth it.
daycarediva 10:08 AM 12-09-2013
Also discount school supply. It's a little spendy up front, but the value is insane. We aren't even halfway through the gallons I bought when I renewed my license (1.5 years ago)
Reply Up