Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Background Check For Visiting Family?
MomBoss 01:11 PM 01-10-2018
Do visitors staying with you for a couple days need a background check? They will be in the home during daycare hours but not have access to the kids. Seperate part of house, seperate entrance.
Blackcat31 01:32 PM 01-10-2018
I would say no, but with all the legislative changes and stuff happening here lately they probably do need 101 different background checks, a hair sample, finger printing and maybe a submission to 23 and Me but who knows....

Personally, unless you are expecting your licensor I wouldn't worry about it since they aren't being left alone with the daycare kids and won't be part of daycare during their visit.
hwichlaz 06:01 PM 01-10-2018
What state? In california, no. As long as they stay no longer than 2 weeks you're good. And they can interact with the children, but not help care for them.
Meeko 10:02 AM 01-11-2018
In Utah, anyone who stays over two weeks is supposed to have a background check. When my parents come visit from England they stay 4-6 weeks. The situation is silly when it comes to them and licensing are anal about it and will not listen to me... so we found a way round it.

The background check done is not international. My parents could be raging, registered pedophiles in the UK and any background check would come back negative. So it's pointless. Licensing says it must be done regardless... if they are here continuously. They refuse to take any situation into consideration. I refuse to pay for something that is completely useless.

So....my parents go to a mutual friends for the night every two weeks. Then the two weeks starts over......
Mom2Two 11:54 AM 01-11-2018
Same state as Meeko with an international family too I was told that my mother wasn't allowed to be alone on the same level as dck if she didn't have an FBI check. And that was back when it took six weeks minimum to get one.

No words.
Meeko 06:19 AM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Same state as Meeko with an international family too I was told that my mother wasn't allowed to be alone on the same level as dck if she didn't have an FBI check. And that was back when it took six weeks minimum to get one.

No words.
Exactly...why pay for a useless background check that won't even be back before they left?!!!!!!
Second Home 06:27 AM 01-12-2018
IN MD we don't , but no one is allowed to be alone with the dck unless a licensed sub . So no visitors can be alone with the dck.
Mom2Two 02:54 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Exactly...why pay for a useless background check that won't even be back before they left?!!!!!!
I know...and sometimes these trips are on somewhat short notice. One time my mother came over with four weeks notice. How organized do they think we are?

And I have no idea how one goes about getting their application in from a different continent. It makes me tired just thinking about it.

I think my mother would stop visiting if I had to send her for American fingerprints or whatever. Getting a normal passport and visa are enough work. Don't they vet people in that process anyway?
Tags:background check
Reply Up