Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>nap time routine
mamamanda 07:02 PM 07-21-2015
My Ds is ready to transition from 3 naps down to 2, but that means he will be awake when my other nappers are going down. I typically sit in the nap room while my kids go to sleep b/c I have a couple that get into things if they think I'm not looking. Ds has been laying down in his own crib in a different room during this time & I've tried just holding him in the nap room but he coos & makes noise which keeps the other kids awake. I'd really like to be able to lay the kids down, turn on the monitor, & have them go to sleep on their own, but is that realistic? Do you usually stay in the room, or go elsewhere at nap time? I could divide them up a couple to a room. Do you think that would be better or worse?
MommyMuffin 07:56 PM 07-21-2015
I only do infant and toddler. Infants are always in a bedroom separated from others. with a monitor. I do this because they need their rest most of all and I don't want one baby to wake the other. When I feel they are ready I transition them to the living room where they must lay down for rest time. And I am usually doing dishes or using the computer in the same area. I'm pretty relaxed.
I think if I put toddlers in bedroom they would play or cause mischief.
Jujube835 04:31 AM 07-22-2015
I also have a baby that doesn't nap during naptime. I lay my big kids down, turn on the noise machine and camera, and leave. I sit upstairs and watch them through the monitor, if they talk or move I speak to them through the camera, so I never have to go back in the room.

It works like a charm
Reply Up