Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Know When You Are Mentally Done With This Career?
mrsp'slilpeeps 11:42 AM 05-21-2013
Every day I dread getting up and doing the same thing all day for 10 hrs or more a day.

Im tired of the colds, flus, infections, fighting, crying, peeing and pooping all over my house, no manners, massive grocery bills, constant cleaning, set up pnp, take down pnp, the un-reliable income, every single day.

I just cant do this anymore. I hate it.

Im not sure if I can wait one more year. Im ready to get my daughter into her home alone course, so that I can get a job that makes me happy.

Has anyone else felt like this?
SilverSabre25 11:45 AM 05-21-2013
Yes, I have/do. It's how I know I need a break and/or a major redo on our routine or set-up, or need to "clean house" of a certain child or something.

But if those things don't work and you still feel this way, then it might be time to move on.

((hugs)) I hope you find a solution that works for you!
canadiancare 11:52 AM 05-21-2013
I am not at your point but I do know I am less "checked in" than I was a few years ago. I spend more time in the same room as the kids but with an iPad on my lap than before (possibly because the technology didn't exist)

I need to paint the main floor and my carpet embarrasses me, I have a sheet on my destroyed very expensive sofa but I refuse to put any more money in until I stop doing daycare.
Blackcat31 11:53 AM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:
Every day I dread getting up and doing the same thing all day for 10 hrs or more a day.

Im tired of the colds, flus, infections, fighting, crying, peeing and pooping all over my house, no manners, massive grocery bills, constant cleaning, set up pnp, take down pnp, the un-reliable income, every single day.

Im not sure if I can wait one more year. Im ready to get my daughter into her home alone course, so that I can get a job that makes me happy.

I think you answered your own question.
Unregistered 12:14 PM 05-21-2013
Originally Posted by mrsp'slilpeeps:

Yes. I'm closed (For 2 years now!!!) and have a regular job. It's boring as heck, but I'd rather be bored than stressed like I was then and you are now. I got very tired of people complaining of paying when all the things you listed, and more, were what I put up with every day without so much as a thank you.

This is what I do now: I sit and deal with customers. Most are nice, some are jerks. But I go home same time every day, I don't have to "clean up" after everyone else. When I get off, I'm OFF. No menu planning, no cleaning, no getting ready for next day, no worrying about parents asking me to drop in early the next day, no getting phone calls from people for interviews, questions, etc; no writing contracts, no book keeping, no government agencies coming to my door to inspect my house, nothing.

I get to: take my days off to do what I want with my family, run errands dc kid free, or even do nothing if that's what we want to do that day (I am usually still busy, but I'm busy for things for US and not for everyone else). I get to get off and grab my kids, make sure they are fed and clean and can tuck them in myself. I get to take my kids to their activities without dragging other people's kids with and missing something because someone pooped and needs changed or is fighting or wants my attention. I don't have to pay for insurance, licenses, classes, and let my house get ruined for anyone else.

It's freedom. BUT it's freedom with a price. I have to take my car and drive to work every day I'm scheduled, adhere to schedule, put up with a boss, etc. I can't just get time off, or be called by the school to pick up at moment's notice and I have to pay daycare after school for my kids.

BUT, that freedom is worth all the trouble. It really is.
itlw8 12:25 PM 05-21-2013
no but if I really felt like that ad not just for a week. I would close and find something that made me happy
tenderhearts 12:38 PM 05-21-2013
I have been feeling a little like this the last few months. I do what another poster said, I move things around, change things up ect and usually it helps but I still lately feel like that. I just have NO IDEA what I would do outside the home to bring in enough to support our family, that's the situation Im in. Plus when I really dwell on it and really think about it, I get teary eyed thinking I wouldn't have these kids daily and it makes me sad because I've had most of them since infancy, I know I give them a great place ect.
I just wish I had an alternative to at least think about.
MNMommy2 12:44 PM 05-21-2013
Absolutely. I am counting the days until the end of the summer so I can give my notice. It is not that I don't like and care for my dckids because I really do, I am just so tired of being trapped in this house. It is mind-numbingly boring.

Others love it, which I applaud, it is just not for me. I realized this long ago and I think my husband is just tired of me complaining, so he gave me the okay to quit. There have been mornings that I woke up and cried b/c I had to do this job again.

Good luck on your decision, I agree that you probably already know that it is time to move on, but it is a tough call to make. It is hard to admit when you are done with this job/it isn't the right fit anymore.
Reply Up