Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Me Respond!
Unregistered 11:09 AM 08-23-2018
DCG who is 15months officially starts on monday. She came a couple times over the summer to get familiar with me and mom wanted to bring her again tomorrow. But she had a fever tuesday (gone now) and is on antibiotics. They also came back from vacation and said her daughters schedule is still very off. She wants to bring her tomorrow for a couple hrs but wants to know my thoughts on it since she is still off schedule. How should i respond? Because shes getting over an illness and is off schedule, i dont think it would be a good idea.
coloradoprovider 11:16 AM 08-23-2018
Something along the lines of: I want "name of child" to have the best possible start to her time with me - due to her illness and vacation, it would probably not be the best for her to adjust to my home until she is feeling better.
JBWWCC 11:17 AM 08-23-2018
Hi (DCP) on any other day I think that would be a great idea! However, with her being off schedule and maybe not feeling her best I don't think it would be good for her to come by today. Let's rest up on the weekend, and start fresh Monday! Her being with the group consistently will really help get her schedule back on track!
BrynleeJean 01:07 PM 08-23-2018
I talk to my parents like i do anyone else.
It find it difficult to be..idk the word.. well anything but myself 100 percent of the time because then i have to do that act later.
Id honestly just say. "Yea Monday would probably be best. Hope she feels better! "
Though maybe my lack of professionalism in the way that i speak is exactly why these parents keep thinking I'm their friend
Tags:15 month old, fever - policy
Reply Up