Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wording on Contract
BabyMonkeys 11:08 AM 01-19-2016
I am updating my contract to include payment being required all 52 weeks. Previously I allowed the parents 5 days no charge and took up to 10 days vacation no charge. The parents are awesome, and I doubt they will have a problem with it, I'm just trying to figure out how to word it.
AmyKidsCo 11:43 AM 01-23-2016
Are you raising your rates? If not I'd write a little note to go along with your policy change "Please note the new payment policy - Effective (date), in lieu of a rate increase, child care payments will be due every week, regardless of whether your child is in care or not. This includes days the center is closed for vacation or holidays."

The policy itself can be something like"
"Child care payments are due each week, regardless of whether your child is in care or not. This includes days the center is closed for provider sick days, provider vacation or holidays, as well as child sick days, family vacation, etc."
Josiegirl 12:34 PM 01-23-2016
Mine is pretty short and sweet "payment is expected 52 weeks a year, regardless of attendance."
Blackcat31 01:10 PM 01-23-2016
Mine says something like:

Rates are based on enrollment NOT on attendance, therefore are due ALL all 52 weeks of the year.
thrivingchildcarecom 09:51 AM 01-26-2016
Hi there. I hear ya! I actually did the same to my contract a few years ago. If you send me a PM I would be happy to share my current contract wording with you.
Reply Up