Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Little Boy Has Arrived - Advice Please
Peaches 12:26 PM 02-22-2016
Hi all, i recently had my 3rd child 2 weeks ago and planning on letting daycare kids come back in a couple weeks when my babe is a month. I'll be watching 7 other dcks 5 fulltime 2 part time... Any suggestions on how to keep my little guy in good health for next few months while he develops his immune system?
Blackcat31 12:29 PM 02-22-2016
Originally Posted by Peaches:
Hi all, i recently had my 3rd child 2 weeks ago and planning on letting daycare kids come back in a couple weeks when my babe is a month. I'll be watching 7 other dcks 5 fulltime 2 part time... Any suggestions on how to keep my little guy in good health for next few months while he develops his immune system?
Congratulations!

I dont think you can do anything to build their immune systems when they are that young other than good rest, good food and good sleep.

If you are able to, breast milk is best and DOES help protect little ones the first few weeks/months until their own immune systems kick in and even after that provides some good back up.

Other than that, I don't think there is much else you can do.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!
BabyMonkeys 12:39 PM 02-22-2016
Congratulations!

You are going to have your hands full. 7 kids is a lot with a newborn. You are a braver woman than I!

I think the number one rule would be that NO ONE touches the baby..ever. I would even create a boundary that they kids can't cross. If the baby is in the pnp, swing, etc. you stay this far away..maybe a towel on the floor, or tape, something that they know they can not cross. Having a little one holding onto the side and peering into the pnp could expose your baby to more germs.
kendallina 05:29 PM 02-22-2016
Congratulations!

I'm due in 2 weeks, but won't be working again until August. Hats off to you mama, I don't know if I could do it with 7 other kiddos. No advice, really, except that I would try and keep them separated as much as possible the first couple of months. Fortunately, we're heading into a time of warmer weather and less illnesses!
Ariana 05:30 PM 02-22-2016
Breastfeeding is the best for immunity since you pass antibodies onto your child but other than that lots of rest is good too. I wore my baby all the time and she would just sleep on me whever she needed it! I also lost a lot of my baby weight from carrying her while doing my usual activities.
NillaWafers 08:40 PM 02-22-2016
Originally Posted by angelw2babies:
Congratulations!

You are going to have your hands full. 7 kids is a lot with a newborn. You are a braver woman than I!

I think the number one rule would be that NO ONE touches the baby..ever. I would even create a boundary that they kids can't cross. If the baby is in the pnp, swing, etc. you stay this far away..maybe a towel on the floor, or tape, something that they know they can not cross. Having a little one holding onto the side and peering into the pnp could expose your baby to more germs.
Baby is off limits, period. I just did this, my third was born on January and today was actually my first day back without help. We've been running about a month now, and no sickness so far.

As usual I have the kids wash their hands constantly, but I also have a no touching baby rule. They can look, from a distance haha. Breastfeeding can also help prevent illness too, I know what a pain it is (as I combat like my 6th clogged duct).
MarinaVanessa 10:16 AM 02-23-2016
Make sure no one touches baby and just wear baby most of the time if you have trouble with some kiddos. Lots of hand washing for you and breastfeeding for baby. I was able to wear my newborn (now 7 weeks) in my Ergo and Moby and survive 2 bouts of stomach flu in my own house (my own family) and neither me or my baby got it. Good luck and congrats!!
Reply Up