Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I'm Sure You're All Getting Tired Of Me....BUT
B Lou 11:35 AM 05-23-2012
OK so the family that gave me the two week notice last week have just Pi%%ed me off.
So DCB comes today after being gone yesterday for diarrhea. So after changing 2 very bad diarrhea diapers today, I text the DCM and inform her that DCB needs to be picked up and that can not come back into daycare until diarrhea free for 24 hours.
After hearing nothing from her for 30 min I text message to DCD. Which after several messages and 2 1/2 hours later informs me he is on his way to pick up DCB.

Quick reminder: this is the family that gave me the notice because I was informed by my licensor that I wasn't being professional enough. So I told them that from now on I was going to be very professional and follow my contract to the letter.
Not liking this they gave a two week notice.

Ok so DCD picks up DCB and is very very rude to me.( left me crying) Then has the nerve to text me 5 min later to ask if DCB had eaten yet. I tell him yes.
I text DCM to let her know she has a bill here that needs to be paid. DCD text me telling me that DCB will not be returning for rest of two week notice and to quit harassing DCM. To which I informed him that I would have a final bill for them tomorrow and that they need to come sign daycare assistance papers.

ALL this because they thought I wasn't being professional enough. Give me a break.
jokalima 11:51 AM 05-23-2012
I think sometimes we make mistakes by not following the contract and the in backfires... I have not call a parent when the kid has diarrhea and I have never charge a late fee when they come late, sometimes I want to do it but because I never do it don't know how to start without parent getting upset.

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I will suggest to send them a letter reminding them that they signed a contract and they have to follow it. And take it from there.

good luck
Heidi 12:12 PM 05-23-2012
and please, for your new dcp's (when you get them)

Get a deposit of a week's pay AND make them pay at the beginning of each week.

I am so glad I do that, because now that I termed a family, there is no way they can leave me unpaid!
cheerfuldom 12:14 PM 05-23-2012
You didnt do anything wrong by sending home an ill child or insisting a bill be paid. Stop texting them or communicating in a way that gets you upset. Prepare a letter that itemizes fees due, outlines what items you have (if there is anything left at your daycare that belongs to DCB), what they must do regarding daycare assistance by what date. Finish with a statement that "Your cooperation is necessary by (date) otherwise further actions will be taken". If they don't show up tomorrow, send the letter by certified mail. If they do not respond by your deadline, then we will help you take the next step which will include small claims court or collections probably.

Dont get all upset and crying. I know it is hard not too but right now your focus should be getting your money and refusing any other contact with this family unless it is to hand you the money. They are drama and are not following your contract and throwing mini fits when they dont get their way. It is too late to change anything in the past or try and repair things now. Just remove all the emotions from the situation, get back on track business-wise and be thankful that these people are gone for good. Now you learned your lesson and know how important it is to stick to your contract from the first day, no exceptions.
sharlan 12:31 PM 05-23-2012
IMHO, cut your ties and move on. I wouldn't make anymore calls, send anymore texts, and just be done with them.
momma2girls 01:35 PM 05-23-2012
I would have called emergency back ups after an hr. of not coming to pick up sick child. I have in my contract, they need to be picked up immediately
Tags:two week notice
Reply Up