Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How do I get him to knock it off??
crazydaycarelady 03:21 PM 08-12-2014
4yo dcb has been here his whole life, FT. He is a pretty good kid but I have to get after him a couple of times a day for one thing or another. He rolls with it and apologizes or stops what he is doing, like no big deal. Until his mom comes! Then he runs over to her all sad and whimpering and acting like he has been in time out all day. I am pretty sure she thinks he has a terrible time over here, which is not the case at all. He is fine all day! I really want to wring his neck! How do I get him to stop this?
Thriftylady 03:48 PM 08-12-2014
How is mom reacting? If she is making a big deal of it I would talk to her and tell her what is up and ask her not to react. With no reaction, it won't gain him anything and won't be worth the effort.
MissAnn 03:55 PM 08-12-2014
I agree with thriftylady.......I would call her at home and make sure boy is not listening.
Heidi 06:16 AM 08-13-2014
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
I agree with thriftylady.......I would call her at home and make sure boy is not listening.

Cat Herder 06:36 AM 08-13-2014
It is benefiting him in some way.

Find out what acting this way get's him from Mom and you will have your answer for this issue.
nannyde 06:37 AM 08-13-2014
Bye bye outside. Remove audience
Cat Herder 06:38 AM 08-13-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Bye bye outside. Remove audience
I had already tagged both of those into the thread...
debbiedoeszip 08:48 AM 08-13-2014
I would start documenting all behaviour corrections (talks, time-outs, any consequence that is a result of negative behaviour) for this and any other child who is acting up at pick-up time. That way you have written documentation of the behaviour and the resulting consequence (along with duration) that was given out, rather than a vague account of the day's happenings. The parents can then decide whether your daycare is still somewhere that they want their child to be (even if he's acting up).
Tags:buh-bye outside, the dynamic of bad behavior
Reply Up