Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Insurance

Daycare Insurance Discuss your insurance and liability concerns here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2010, 12:22 PM

Default Help! What Do You Gals Do To Protect Yourself Legally??

Ok. Long story short. I just took care of a family on assistance for about 4m. Three kids. Still owe me over $300.00 that assistance was not active for(waived about half of it already).
This family I had to discontinue care with yesterday due to their children being aggressive and unresponsive to redirection after numerous attempts to make it work.
One of the kids hurt their arm and I called mom right away. I called my licensor right after that. Three hours later I have three policmen at my door?!?! I thought it was child protection with two police. I invite them in, we talk, etc. I find out from my licensor that it was only the law enforcement NOT child protection and that someone had to of called them saying that I hit (yep, that's right ) thier children.
HUGE accusation!!!
I am so upset and frazzled at the experience. I just want to know what can I do to protect myself? I know I can ask for references with written consent from the interviewed parents, but that's about it.

Tags
insurance, liability