Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>One more reason to move out of my area
permanentvacation 02:23 PM 12-27-2014
I went out today and happened to notice something that looked like a blimp in the sky over the military base down the road from my house. I came home later, checked my Facebook, and saw people talking about it and showing a newspaper article about it.

It's searching for cruise missiles!

WHY are they concerned about and expecting to see cruise missiles in my neighborhood's air space??!??!!!

Yeah, this just adds to my list of reasons I want to move!
Silly Songs 08:00 PM 12-27-2014
You must live in proximity to D.C. It is a test balloon to see if it will be able to detect cruise missiles . That area is naturally more likely a target than Kansas City , etc .
permanentvacation 08:25 PM 12-27-2014
I'm about an hour away from DC.

I think I should move to Kansas. It sounds a bit safer there. lol!
Michael 11:58 PM 12-27-2014
I think it is being tested for future deployment in the Gulf of Oman and Persian Gulf.

If you want to see something interesting, look at the small islands off of Dubai: https://www.google.com/maps/place/**...e66e5084295162
Sugar Magnolia 07:03 AM 12-28-2014
Originally Posted by Michael:
I think it is being tested for future deployment in the Gulf of Oman and Persian Gulf.

If you want to see something interesting, look at the small islands off of Dubai: https://www.google.com/maps/place/**...e66e5084295162
Now THAT is living large It's so pretty to look at, but I wonder what kind of ecological disaster is looming. Have you seen the Rotunda here in SWFL? It's not offshore, but same idea.....looks like a huge wagon wheel from space. It failed miserably in the 70's as a housing development, now it's just a huge empty wagon wheel, artificially carved into the land forever. Dredge and Fill......works in FL and the UAE.
permanentvacation 08:54 AM 12-28-2014
Okay, testing it for use somewhere else is much better than me thinking they feel the need to use it here. Thank you, you've calmed my nerves! I was a little worried there.
Tags:military, moving
Reply Up