Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Am I a Trend Setter?
busymommy0420 11:44 AM 04-23-2013
Am I a trend setter? Or do my DCP just want to copy me too often? I am a Mommy to six...three teenage boys and three little girls. I love putting my kids in outside programs/activities to encourage physical activity, for positive friend interaction and for separation. I have my two 3 yo girls in Tap/Ballet, Gymnastics and Swimming Lessons weekly (Tap and Ballet are with daycare children, swimming and gymnastics are outside of daycare hours). One of my DCM then put her daughter at the same gymnastics training center and now DCG told me she starts swimming lessons today. I am somewhat surprised but a little annoyed too. Is she going to put her daughter in everything I put my girls in? They are 3 so they talk about what they do with each other so it is not like I can just not mention it. I have another DCM who also put her daughter in gymnastics at the same place.
Blackcat31 11:47 AM 04-23-2013
More than likely the parents are seeing that their children have friendships with your children so they are probably just cultivating that friendship, not necessarily copying you.
busymommy0420 11:52 AM 04-23-2013
I love my DCK...don't misunderstand that. I just want my daughters to have experiences with other children too. My DCG is here 7:30-6:00pm Monday through Friday. She is in the same Pre-School Class as one of my daughters too. I just want my daughters to enjoy other relationships with children.
LittleD 11:55 AM 04-23-2013
Personally, I don't really want to see/hang out with my dcf's after hours either
Blackcat31 11:59 AM 04-23-2013
Originally Posted by busymommy0420:
I love my DCK...don't misunderstand that. I just want my daughters to have experiences with other children too. My DCG is here 7:30-6:00pm Monday through Friday. She is in the same Pre-School Class as one of my daughters too. I just want my daughters to enjoy other relationships with children.
LOL! I would probably be a bit more secretive then about what activities your girls are in then.

I totally understand as I have gone waaaay out of my way to walk down a different isle in the store when I see a DCF on the weekend...not because I don't like them (I do), I just don't want to see people I see 50 hours a week on my off time too.

If daycare parents ask you outright, you could just be vague about it or maybe even say "Oh yeah, Bella loves swimming lessons because she is taking the class with her friend." So that the DCP knows that your child is already taking the class with someone else. I don't know....that's all I could think of.
Tags:parents - don't appreciate
Reply Up