Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Mother Goose Time Curriculum
KJB 09:16 PM 08-04-2015
Has anyone had any experience using Mother Goose Time Curriculum? Did you like it and did it come with a good amount of resources, or did you change things because you did not like the way it fit in the daily schedule? I am thinking this one will work for my 3 yr old classroom.
Michael 12:18 AM 08-05-2015
Here are a lot more threads on Mother Goose Time: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...her+goose+time
littletots 08:17 AM 08-05-2015
I've heard positive feedback and looked into it. I used Fun shine Express in past.
Blackcat31 10:22 AM 08-05-2015
Originally Posted by KJB:
Has anyone had any experience using Mother Goose Time Curriculum? Did you like it and did it come with a good amount of resources, or did you change things because you did not like the way it fit in the daily schedule? I am thinking this one will work for my 3 yr old classroom.
Personally I am against using boxed curriculums and pre-designed crafts but I have heard positive feedback from those who have used them in regards to both Mother Goose and Funshine Express.

They are both approved curricula for my state's QRIS program as well.
Unregistered 10:17 PM 08-06-2015
Okay thank you all, I will consider using it and see how it goes. What more do you find out if you do not try it out? It looks like I will be trying it out and see how it fits if not I have a backup curriculum that I had planned for the just in case the kids dont run with the MGT theme. Thank you for the other threads I will look into them.
KJB 10:18 PM 08-06-2015
Above was a comment from me but I failed to log in.

I think it will be suitable for 3 year olds, but I have yet to find out their skills in certain areas and will have to adjust what they can do on their own as far as the MGT goes for future readers.
aemcclane 05:16 PM 08-30-2015
I just tried it in June to see if I'd like it. It was great to have it all planned out and the supplies ready to go, however I found myself modifying activities quite a bit. I realized I was spending just as much time doing that as I would planning. Half of the box is still in my basement. I think it was well worth the try.
AmyKidsCo 08:10 PM 08-31-2015
Originally Posted by aemcclane:
I just tried it in June to see if I'd like it. It was great to have it all planned out and the supplies ready to go, however I found myself modifying activities quite a bit. I realized I was spending just as much time doing that as I would planning. Half of the box is still in my basement. I think it was well worth the try.
This has been my experience with any purchased curriculum. But I'm a control freak.
MarinaVanessa 08:33 PM 08-31-2015
I did mother goose for a bit to get me started but then I decided that for me it just wasn't the greatest fit. The activities are repetitive just in different themes and my 3 yo group started to lose interest. I also didn't like that most of the activities were crafts and I like a lot more play-based or open ended activities. In the end I thought that for the price I could do better planning my own.
Tags:mother goose time
Reply Up