Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Shopping
newgina2014 05:27 AM 08-03-2016
any tips????? wondering where everyone shops for food.....I am not on the food program and want to save as much as possible

tia
laundrymom 06:01 AM 08-03-2016
I shop Sams, Walmart, and Aldi.
Lovatic24 08:45 PM 08-03-2016
Aldi, big time.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 09:01 AM 08-04-2016
I shop at Aldi a lot and a local grocery store.
My biggest money saver is having my menu and knowing what I need to get so I don't impulse buy or over buy. Since my own kids are now grown it is just Dh and I so it is not like it use to be where the food would get eaten. I plan vegetarian meals several times a week. I do not compromise quality for price though. I buy as much organic as I can. So for example if I am feeding bagels twice this week I will freeze the rest for next week so they do not go bad. I make sure I do not over buy fresh produce. I think the most costly thing is wasted food! I rarely buy bread because we will not eat a loaf before it goes bad.
TXhomedaycare 08:33 PM 08-04-2016
Costco and Kroger
LostMyMarbles 04:19 AM 08-05-2016
Couponmom.com matches coupons to your local ad. I was a member of savingsangel.com but got tired of paying a monthly fee. I also felt like it was all boxed or canned goods. Mom is free! I shop SAMs, Meijers, Walmart, Aldi. SAMs is great for string cheese, yogurt, fruits and veggies. I also utilize my local farmers market every Saturday morning.
Blackcat31 05:28 AM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I shop Sams, Walmart, and Aldi.
I see alot of people saying Aldi's when asked where they shop to save...

Im excited....they are building one here in my community right now. Should be open by Christmas

Right now the only choices are a small local grocery store, Cub foods and Walmart.

Unless you want to drive atleast an hour
organicdclady 09:07 AM 08-05-2016
I do most of my shopping at trader joes. I buy all organic and save way more money shopping there than any local grocery store.
Scout 02:03 PM 08-05-2016
Aldi for sure. I can load my cart up to the top including juice, pork chops, produce, dairy, a whole lot of snack foods, juice boxes for school lunches and it's around $100. Can't beat it. We only buy coffee, other meats, and sometimes produce elsewhere now. I've always had one right up the street and didn't start going until about 2 years ago
Unregistered 02:13 AM 08-12-2016
I do about 80-90% organic and do so economically by shopping Aldis and Wal-Mart and grabbing sales at my food co-op. I make use of farmer's markets in summer and fall too and my own garden.
renodeb 10:18 AM 08-19-2016
Kroger and sometimes Sam's club.
Reply Up