Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>MMK Extra Hours
Unregistered 02:27 PM 01-15-2012
I see you can claim shopping for supplies/food under the extra hours preparing for daycare. Can you claims time spent going to and from the bank? How about mailing bills for daycare?
Michael 02:40 PM 01-15-2012
That's an interesting question. I do not think you can claim time spent doing something for your business. Tom should have the correct answer. Also, you can join Tom Copeland in our Webinar and ask specific questions. Here is the webinar information: https://www.daycare.com/forum/announcement.php?f=2
MissAnn 02:58 PM 01-15-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I see you can claim shopping for supplies/food under the extra hours preparing for daycare. Can you claims time spent going to and from the bank? How about mailing bills for daycare?
I am almost positive on this..... you cannot claim shopping trips because shopping is done outside the home. You CAN claim preparing a menu, paperwork, curriculum planning, cleaning daycare toys, cleaning house (T/S%), record keeping, preparing meals if done outside of regular daycare hours, phone calls with parents and potential clients, updating web page and even spending time in this forum......things like that.
Unregistered 05:47 PM 01-15-2012
So if you can NOT claim it (shopping for food/supplies) why is that even listed as an option in the drop down menu in MMK under the extra hours section?

I am aware of the other time you can claim but while entering some things for tax time I thought it would be wise to add in my time during grocery trips (business ones only obviously). You can claim your online shopping time so maybe I will have to do the online grocery shopping and then go pick it up.....
TomCopeland 07:17 AM 01-16-2012
Time spent away from your home does not count in your time-space % calculation. This is because you are not using your home for business while away from it.
Tags:deduction - time, tom copeland
Reply Up