Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who is more into what is best for the kids - me or dcm?
crazydaycarelady 11:11 AM 08-27-2014
So Dcm was going to be dropping off the older brother after kindergarten orientation today. We had all of the kids outside eating lunch so she could drop brother off and not disturb little sis" I told dcm this as she walked in and she agreed it was a good plan.

Then...........dun, Dun, DUN!

She proceeds to go outside anyway and guess what? Dcg threw a huge stinking fit, wanted to go with dcm, and is still bawling now 10 minutes after dcm left!
SquirrellyMama 11:17 AM 08-27-2014
Can you call her to come pick her up?

Kelly
crazydaycarelady 11:37 AM 08-27-2014
Nah, its naptime she shell be asleep soon enough. Just how annoying? I went out of my way to make it easier for her child. I think dcm secretly loves that her kid loves her soooo much she'll have a fit. Dcm can go back to work rest assured that she is loved!
BumbleBee 11:53 AM 08-27-2014
Oh H*LL no. Maybe I'm just in a mood but dcm would be hearing about her ridiculousness AND coming back to get her crying kid.
daycarediva 11:56 AM 08-27-2014
ONE pickup and ONE drop off PER DAY, PER FAMILY. PERIOD.

For this reason. Been there, NEVER doing it again.
Lynn825 12:11 PM 08-27-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

Blackcat31 12:13 PM 08-27-2014

taylorw1210 12:21 PM 08-27-2014

I seriously need to implement this into my policies!
AmyKidsCo 01:21 PM 08-27-2014
My friend and I were just talking this morning about parents who need to be needed by their kids. Case in point...
Josiegirl 02:50 PM 08-27-2014
Did she not understand or maybe forgot your plan to make it easier on her dd? If not, then shame on her.
TwinKristi 02:59 PM 08-27-2014
Yeah I have a DCD who lingers and always makes goodbye harder. I'm liking his new before school drop off because it's short and sweet and DCB doesn't cry at all unlike when dad sits and chit chats. Ugh! He's a nice guy and all but DCB almost always flips out when he lingers and then leaves. 3 parents can do drop off during his lingering and all are here for less than 60 seconds. Some less than 30! LOL
Josiegirl 03:05 PM 08-27-2014
Twinkristi, I love love love those 30 second drop-offs!! I have a dcm that does that when she's gotta run and dcg does just fine. I wish they all did more of a drop and run type thing. It certainly doesn't mean their kids are loved any less, just means our days could be easier!
I hate it when the parent finally drags themselves out the door, only for them to come back in because they can hear their child crying or something. I could have and would have handled it, Mom!!
daycare 07:26 PM 08-27-2014
this would upset me..... but now that mom can see what happens, if she did it again, I would be throwing the book at her.

I tell parents taht saying good-bye is the hardest thing for a child to do. Can you imagine making them saying it twice in one day? For this reason you must take your child with you when you leave.

None of my parents ever ask to visit during the day......lol
Tags:narcissistic mother
Reply Up