Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default It Worked! We Are Napping!!! Woohoo!

Just wanted to update those of you who read my previous CIO post.

We are napping! I did what everyone suggested and just let her cry. Well...I cannot believe it, but she is napping twice a day now! Once in the morning for about 1.5 hrs and in the afternoon for around 2 hours. I swear she sleeps more every day. She is a completely different kid, so much happier now. Thanks everyone for the support I will never again feel bad for letting a little one cry it out. She was miserable all day from not napping and is now my champion sleeper and smiles all the time!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:25 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma4many View Post

We are napping! I did what everyone suggested and just let her cry. Well...I cannot believe it, but she is napping twice a day now! Once in the morning for about 1.5 hrs and in the afternoon for around 2 hours. I swear she sleeps more every day. She is a completely different kid, so much happier now. Thanks everyone for the support I will never again feel bad for letting a little one cry it out. She was miserable all day from not napping and is now my champion sleeper and smiles all the time!
Insert Like button here !!!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:28 AM

That's awesome!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:35 AM

Glad to hear it!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:55 AM

great update! i know its so hard to hear a baby cry but its much better to do CIO for a few days and get napping under control then let them struggle through day after day exhausted. you did the right thing.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Daycare.com Member

Smile

I would not have many good days if I didn't let my two DCB CIO! I wouldn't get anything done and become warn out by 11 O'clock!
Good for you! Congrats!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:54 AM

Good to hear
Old 06-08-2011, 12:10 PM
PeanutsGalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma4many View Post

Congratulations! I was so very against CIO for my own kid and even dcks, but it can work when nothing else does. It's so much healthier for them to actually sleep than run around tired all day. I'll never bash the CIO method again and plan on using it for my own kid next time around. Good for you for sticking it out!
Old 06-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Daycare.com Member

Thank you everyone!!

Tags
cio, cry it out, crying, napping