Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>10 Things To Make You Happier!
Michael 03:30 PM 10-15-2013
This is a great article. I thought I would pass it along. Many of you, being a home business, have #3 down.

1. Exercise more
2. Sleep more
3. Move closer to work
4. Spend time with friends and family
5. Go outside
6. Help others
7. Practice smiling
8. Plan a trip - but don't take one
9. Meditate
10. Practice gratitude

http://www.themindunleashed.org/2013...-make-you.html
LK5kids 05:00 PM 10-15-2013
I check the unleashed mind daily! Somehow I missed this. Thanks!
Laurel 05:39 PM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by Michael:
This is a great article. I thought I would pass it along. Many of you, being a home business, have #3 down.

1. Exercise more
2. Sleep more
3. Move closer to work
5. Go outside
6. Help others
7. Practice smiling
9. Meditate
10. Practice gratitude

Good article.

I walk every morning for about 40 minutes. I don't listen to music just walk. I heard someone once say that walking was like cleaning out the cobwebs in your mind. I couldn't have thought of a better way to describe it myself. It is almost more therapeutic (sp?) for the mind than exercising the body for me. It is just me with me and my own thoughts.

I have really done all of the list including meditation. I learned transcendental meditation back in my 20's. I can't seem to fit two 20 minute sessions in my day so that fell by the wayside. I do like it though.

I like the last part where it says that when you get older you get happier naturally. I notice as I get older (I'll be 62 later this month) that the dumb little things that used to bother me just don't anymore. I think its just as you get older you've 'been there and done that' and know it won't kill you or you've learned how to handle it just from going through it...sometimes more than once. That is really a nice feeling.

Laurel
Maria2013 06:55 PM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by Michael:

1. Exercise more
2. Sleep more
3. Move closer to work
5. Go outside
6. Help others
7. Practice smiling
9. Meditate
10. Practice gratitude

I'm good with 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10....I wish I could get more sleep but(2) but then I'd have to give up spending time with friends and family
littlemissmuffet 08:49 PM 10-15-2013
Thanks Michael!

I am going to post this list somewhere very visible in our home... we can always use reminders to better ourselves/our lives!
Sugar Magnolia 03:09 AM 10-16-2013
I don't see "ride motorcycle more often".

It's a good list! Thanks Michael.
Maria2013 10:27 AM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
I don't see "ride motorcycle more often".

Tags:daycare environment, happiness, happy, positive support
Reply Up