Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Have You Ever Felt Like....

...duct taping sock or shoes on a kid? Some will not keep theirs on. UGH!
Old 03-13-2014, 02:44 PM

YES!!

My DH always says we should attach socks to strings like they do to mittens...

But imagine the fall out if a kid's socks were trailing along behind him and someone steps on one or something I imagine it would NOT be a pleasant feeling to have that string get ripped through one pant leg and up the other
Old 03-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

you mean like this?????????????? I love this movie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spray on shoes.jpg (34.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Daycare.com Member

Velcro shoes & a one year old are NOT a good combination...
Old 03-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Daycare.com Member

No.

I will from this day forward.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Daycare.com member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
you mean like this?????????????? I love this movie
I joke about this ALL THE TIME. Or the Hanes commercial where they dipped their feet in a vat of white goo to make socks.

My DCK act like they are being tortured if they have to keep their socks on. And if I have them keep them on, I find them on the floor 10 minutes later. Actually, I find one of them on the floor 10 minutes later. The other will show up two weeks later in the middle of the floor, while I have no idea how it got there.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Heehee!! I have one baby who takes his socks off every chance he gets, and he likes to chew on them. On the days he is wearing socks instead of a one-piece jammie-type outfit, I don't even bother trying. The socks come off, they get folded up, and at the end of the day they go back on. Otherwise I'd never find them by the time mom comes for pickup.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:11 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandino View Post
I joke about this ALL THE TIME. Or the Hanes commercial where they dipped their feet in a vat of white goo to make socks.

My DCK act like they are being tortured if they have to keep their socks on. And if I have them keep them on, I find them on the floor 10 minutes later. Actually, I find one of them on the floor 10 minutes later. The other will show up two weeks later in the middle of the floor, while I have no idea how it got there.
lol that or a bucket of toys. Eww gross stinky socks in box.

I need to stop reading doctor Seuss

Last edited by daycare; 03-13-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:29 AM
Unregistered

I'm a barefoot person so I roll with it for indoors. All of their socks are off within the first hour. I snag them before they get hidden somewhere I'll never find them again, and shortly before pick up or outside time they all go back on again. In 8 years I have only put socks back on the wrong child once
Old 03-14-2014, 08:24 AM
Daycare.com Member

I am always loosing kids socks!!!! I feel so bad when parents come and they are missing one sock! The older kids are getting better, if they want them off they have to put them in their shoes. But the younger ones... Always get lost
Old 03-14-2014, 08:28 AM
Daycare.com Member

I have a couple that love to take off their socks, I usually get them right away and put them with their shoes. One time I could not find a sock anywhere! It was getting close to pick up so I told my 10yr DD I would pay her a $1 to find it lol.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Daycare.com Member

On Tuesday, I had a one toss her socks in the trash. We searched high and low, in cubbies and bins, and I finally had to tell the parents no socks. Until I went to dump the trash and there they sat.

Tags
socks