Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:26 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default $3 Days And Hours Of Fun

I bought 3 sets of socks (so 9 socks) from Dollar Tree and put them in a little "laundry" basket. They have had so much fun putting those socks on! Even my not yet 2 year old can get them on and off! Life skills, one to one ratio, counting, matching, colors, social skills of sharing and helping our friends. Lots to put down on a "lesson plan".
Old 03-22-2017, 06:44 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Add in a snowball (balled socks) toss game and "penguin, penguin, polar bear" group game (think duck, duck, goose) and you have a whole days worth.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteinel'sHouse View Post
I bought 3 sets of socks (so 9 socks) from Dollar Tree and put them in a little "laundry" basket. They have had so much fun putting those socks on! Even my not yet 2 year old can get them on and off! Life skills, one to one ratio, counting, matching, colors, social skills of sharing and helping our friends. Lots to put down on a "lesson plan".
we do this with snow pants, mittens and other winter items. When the time comes to go outside, I can have 10-12 kids under age 5 dressed and ready within 15 minutes.

So win win for sure! Plus what a fun activity for them with all the cute printed socks out now days!
Old 03-22-2017, 01:06 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
we do this with snow pants, mittens and other winter items. When the time comes to go outside, I can have 10-12 kids under age 5 dressed and ready within 15 minutes.

So win win for sure! Plus what a fun activity for them with all the cute printed socks out now days!
All great ideas!! I have a laundry area and a dress up area that the kids use but I just have doll clothes and "blankets" made out of felt or other material that they practice folding. I never thought of socks or using winter clothing for as dress-ups. I like the idea of the snowball game, too!
Old 03-22-2017, 01:15 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Love these ideas!!
Old 03-22-2017, 02:23 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

I love this. are the bigger socks or socks their size??

I have a just turned two year old that takes their socks off and can't put them back on. Screams every time they are off. We have them try to put them back on but the two most hated words that my ears can't stand come out..
I CAN'T....

I would love to do something like this...wonderful idea
Old 03-23-2017, 03:23 AM
Daycare.com Member

Cool idea! Thanks for sharing! Gotta love the dollar store. I'll have to pick some up while I'm getting more plastic eggs.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:36 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
I love this. are the bigger socks or socks their size??

I have a just turned two year old that takes their socks off and can't put them back on. Screams every time they are off. We have them try to put them back on but the two most hated words that my ears can't stand come out..
I CAN'T....

I would love to do something like this...wonderful idea
I bought the girl and boy size socks not toddler size so they are big.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:19 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Quote:
I bought the girl and boy size socks not toddler size so they are big.
sweet. I love your post and ideas.....so creative and really reflect on the child's needs....thanks for always sharing your ideas!!
Old 03-23-2017, 05:08 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
sweet. I love your post and ideas.....so creative and really reflect on the child's needs....thanks for always sharing your ideas!!
aww you're so sweet! I just love it when I come across something that captures my kids! Seriously, they have been putting on socks every day for over a week now.

Tags
fun, lesson plans, socks