Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Emergency Back up?
MG&Lsmom 09:50 AM 03-07-2011
I'm just curious, would you call your emergency back up in to cover while you picked up your sick child from school?

School nurse just called to tell me my DD is complaining about a stomach ache. She has no fever and ate just fine. Just complaining at this point. I told her to send DD back to class. I have 3 kids I just got down for nap, otherwise I would have gotten her.

FWIW my emergency pick up person for her is out of state of course. DH is 1.5 hrs away at work. I feel like a bad mom and will wake them up if she vomits, but really, just a tummy ache and school is over in 1 hour.
jen 09:54 AM 03-07-2011
Aww, that sucks! That is always my big fear in life. I have somehow never had it happen, but I don't know how I'd go get my kids either. Hope she feels better and doesn't get sick at school.
laundrymom 09:56 AM 03-07-2011
I would talk to her, find out formyself how she is and if need be send someone for her. I'm unable to go myself. But I have two teens, 6 grandparents, and lots of other people who will get them for me.
MG&Lsmom 10:08 AM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I would talk to her, find out formyself how she is and if need be send someone for her. I'm unable to go myself. But I have two teens, 6 grandparents, and lots of other people who will get them for me.
I did talk to her and I don't think she was super sick. She's autistic and often she over interprets uncommon feelings as extreme pain. She could have gas. I wish I had more people to go get her. Well I do, but they have to be registered with the school prior to the day requiring pick up. No one on that list is available right now. My inlaws are out of state. My babysitter is on a call right now (she's a firefighter/paramedic). And my emergency back up is babysitting a flooded basement with 4 sump pumps going. LOL! When it rains, it pours, literally!
Cat Herder 03:08 PM 03-07-2011
One of my DCM is a school nurse.

I know she has taken kids home in her vehicle before in some cases.

Maybe yours could help if you ever land in this situation again?

Hope DD feels better soon
Tags:assistant, assistant - backup, emergency plan, emergency substitute, substitute
Reply Up