Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advertising
kayla 01:23 PM 12-12-2011
Anyone have any good ideas for advertising?? Ive tried newspaper ad's. And i have also made flyers that i put on local bulletin boards...I would love some new ideas??? Creative thoughts on how to get the word out when you havn't been in daycare for long.. Thanks!!
Michelle 01:29 PM 12-12-2011
try Karate schools, parks, Doctors offices, Laundromats, gymnastics/ballet classes, outside of gyms..( some gyms offer childcare, but for only 2 hours- take advantage of that and make a flyer ..."so, 2 hours not long enough?" want a longer workout? leave you kids with me for only $______ per hour..
You might even get a full time family from this.

Get some business cards!!!
It is the single most important thing to do besides a website!
good luck
kayla 01:44 PM 12-12-2011
Thanks!! I appreciate the advice
Meeko 01:50 PM 12-12-2011
I've done it all!

The best thing I ever did was put my number in the yellow pages (and therefore automatically online too) I pay under $20 month and my phone rings all the time. In fact we just have to get used to saying "Sorry, no vacancies" all the time. We listen to messages from inquiring parents most mornings.

I suggest getting in the book as soon as possible. Until then, just keep up with the fliers, cards CL etc.
Michael 06:05 PM 12-12-2011
You can advertise in our Daycare.com registry also: https://daycare.com/php/start_new_signup.php
mismatchedsocks 06:54 PM 12-12-2011
micheal, i emailed you about my daycare.com and let you know my phone number is wrong and so are my hours. is there someone else i should send this info to?

As far as advertising, try craigslist, get business cards and hand them out everywhere, any clients you have now offer them something if they get a new client ( i do a $20 gas card), i have shirts made with logo, name and my phone number on them, i wear them out alot, i think they were $8 each.

Is there a story time in your neighborhood? go to that on weekend, or make yourself visible at parks on weekends, with shirt and business cards in hand. Is there a local school you are near? talk to some parents, let them know you do daycare, etc.

Word of mouth is my biggest, followed by craigslist, then the shirts and public outings third. Our newspaper has never gotten me anyone and spent hundreds on it!
Cat Herder 07:59 PM 12-12-2011
You may want to mention being willing to take in "Seasonal Drop-Ins".

Many Parents are scrambling last-minute to find back-up for center Christmas Closures.
Michael 09:17 PM 12-12-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
micheal, i emailed you about my daycare.com and let you know my phone number is wrong and so are my hours. is there someone else i should send this info to?

As far as advertising, try craigslist, get business cards and hand them out everywhere, any clients you have now offer them something if they get a new client ( i do a $20 gas card), i have shirts made with logo, name and my phone number on them, i wear them out alot, i think they were $8 each.

Is there a story time in your neighborhood? go to that on weekend, or make yourself visible at parks on weekends, with shirt and business cards in hand. Is there a local school you are near? talk to some parents, let them know you do daycare, etc.

Word of mouth is my biggest, followed by craigslist, then the shirts and public outings third. Our newspaper has never gotten me anyone and spent hundreds on it!
It is probably the information your state has on file. They sent it to us. PM me the corrent info that needs changing.
Blackcat31 08:37 AM 12-13-2011
I give all my enrolled families window clings that say "My child is lovingly cared for at __________" and then it has my phone number and contact info. The parents put them on their cars and viola` I have moving, instant and free advertising!
Michael 01:56 PM 12-13-2011
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
I just updated the listing you were referring to. You are not a member on our Daycare.com Registry; you are a member of this forum. Two separate sites. The listing you are referring to was provided by your state from a couple years ago. Paid members go to the top of our searches, non-members below.

Since you are a longstanding "forum" member, I turned that listing into a paid listing for you. I gave you premium listing for a year. You are now at the top of searches for your area

Tags:advertising, advertising ideas
Reply Up