Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Not really crazy

Default So I Am Giving Out Rate Increase Letters Today - I Always Get Nervous

I have about half my families paying the new rate and about half (longtimers) paying the old rate. The old-timers rate is going up $3/per day to match the newcomers rate.

I work hard, am beyond full, and have great word of mouth. Honestly, if someone leaves over this it is no skin off my teeth. I have 2 preggo dcms and two more told me they were preggo yesterday. I have never had anyone leave over a rate increase.

So why do I get so nervous?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

It's always hard to do but it sounds like you got this covered. And if someone does leave you have others to fill no big deal.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Hurt Betrayed Confused

If you are in a position where it wouldn't matter if some/all left, then I say go for it and don't feel bad.

If it were me, I canNOT afford to lose anyone. I think I may have raised it $2/day at the most.

I actually did just do a rate increase. Same type thing as you, where my old-timers were paying less than newer families. I have 4 families, and 2 are old-timers. The new ones pay by the week because I decided to change to that system a year and a half ago when they both started. The older ones still pay monthly. I raised each of them by $30/month, which would translate to about $6.92/week, or about $1.38/day. And I must agree with you.... I was nervous as heck giving it to them!! The following Monday, one of them found out she has breast cancer. Now I feel horrible about it.