Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Last Week!
robinsoninfl 04:24 AM 06-06-2011
This is my last week providing childcare! I can't wait for the week to be over. I've been doing this since January and I have realized that this is just not for me! I am expecting and due in Oct and don't think I will continue in this direction after babies arrival either! Props to all of you who do this and enjoy it! I just was not made for this! Maybe its pregnancy hormones and maybe its not but I hate not having the freedom to go anywhere during the day or run errands or get to the store if I need something! As well as the constantly sick kids! It's back to just stay at home mom for me!! Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the advice you've offered over the past 6 months! Good luck to you all!
daysofelijah 04:34 AM 06-06-2011
Good luck! I will be joining you in the fall after 8 long years. I hear you, I hate being trapped in my home 11 hours a day 5 days a week!
mrs.meg 05:36 AM 06-06-2011
Best wishes for you. I will be giving this up in August, but I may keep 2 part-time (just AS) because they are neighbors. I won't have any during the day except my own and I will be working 2 days a week.

I have known for a long time that this job is not for me. It takes a special, very giving person to do this job. In my case, I think I am just a little selfish (I am working on that) and I don't have any help with my own kids, I am like a single mom in a lot of ways, except that my husband is an excellent provider (workaholic).

Congrats on your little one, too!
Sunshine44 05:38 AM 06-06-2011
Good luck! Hope everything works out for you like you want. Sometimes this isn't for everyone.
momma2girls 07:43 AM 06-06-2011
Good luck to you. I will only be doing this for another yr. or so as well. As soon as my little one goes into fulltime preschool, or Kindergarten. I have 8 yrs. in, and it does definately has it's good times and bad times.
I wonder what the burn out rate is of daycare? I know I have friends, co workers, former daycare parents, and everytime I see it, it only lasts a yr. at tops!!
Live and Learn 08:29 AM 06-06-2011
Next week is my last week .....
momma2girls 08:35 AM 06-06-2011
Good luck to all of you's!!!
Mrs.Ky 09:29 AM 06-06-2011
Well I was gonna close daycare at the beginning of May next year as my last DCB is moving to Flordia and Im not taking on any one new I recently found out Im expecting #4 it was a HUGE surprise and baby will be due beginning of Febuary I will be closing daycare now after December of this year.
Tags:close daycare, job change
Reply Up