Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dumbest Question Of The Year....
Countrygal 06:35 PM 08-30-2012
I am going to ask a question and probably get the dumbest question of the year award. Sometimes I swear I'm getting alzheimer's.....

But here goes anyway.....

I am having an issue trying to solve one thing the certifier picked up on today. She mentioned that I can't have my knives I am cooking with sitting on my kitchen counter. OK, I understand the thought behind this. The clean knives I'll just dry and put away right away, not a problem. But what do I do with the dirty knives that are waiting to be washed??? I'm totally discombobulated by this one.... Where do I put my dirty knives when I have prepared lunch, but haven't done dishes until after lunch???

I know, stoopid question.... I just can't think of a place! I mean, up out of the kids' reach when they're standing on a stool. How do the rest of you handle this one? I'm sorry to be so dense..... I feel really dumbbbbbbb. I mean, even a dishwasher wouldn't qualify unless it was somehow locked.
familyschoolcare 06:37 PM 08-30-2012
I put mine in the dishwasher and lock it even if I am not ready to run the dishwasher

NOt sure if this will actually meet the requirments this is something I never thought of
daycare 06:41 PM 08-30-2012
I wash mine by hand right when I'm done using it an store them in the same Place in my high cupboard behind the plates.

I just had an inspection and passed
sharlan 06:41 PM 08-30-2012
I either put them in the dishwasher or on the back of the counter behind the faucet. I had two there (behind the faucet) last week when I had the inspection.
familyschoolcare 06:44 PM 08-30-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I either put them in the dishwasher or on the back of the counter behind the faucet. I had two there (behind the faucet) last week when I had the inspection.
that is a good place NOt sure it would pass with my inspector Can you leave sdish soap on the counter I was told not to
itlw8 06:53 PM 08-30-2012
I hand wash right away and put it away. I never put thm in the dishwasher it ruins good knives
daycare 06:59 PM 08-30-2012
Originally Posted by familyschoolcare:
that is a good place NOt sure it would pass with my inspector Can you leave sdish soap on the counter I was told not to
Im in ca too. I was told no soap and no knives on the counter.

Both of mine are in the cabinet with the plates and my soap is in an old yogurt bucket with the lid on it where I can reach but the kids cannot
familyschoolcare 07:38 PM 08-30-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
Im in ca too. I was told no soap and no knives on the counter.

Both of mine are in the cabinet with the plates and my soap is in an old yogurt bucket with the lid on it where I can reach but the kids cannot
I bought that lysol kitchen cleaner the stuff for washing dishes, counters and hands so I have hand soap on the counter not dish soap
Reply Up