Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I've Turned into the "B" Word
momma4many 06:44 AM 08-19-2011
Rymes with witch...lol! Just this morning, I made a parent cry by telling her that her child WILL NOT be allowed to come back if they keep hurting others, told another mom NO to about 10 rediculous requests including "can I use my vacation time for next week so I don't have to pay you today?", "can you hold my check until next Wed?" and "Sorry I flipped out on you yesterday, can she still come here even though I said she would never be back?"

Maybe I'm just getting an uber back bone, but I just let both of these parents have it. I am SO SICK of people waltzing into MY house and telling me how it's going to be.
Cat Herder 06:46 AM 08-19-2011
Pssstt...

Check the calendar...

We all are about to......
PitterPatter 06:50 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by momma4many:
Rymes with witch...lol! Just this morning, I made a parent cry by telling her that her child WILL NOT be allowed to come back if they keep hurting others, told another mom NO to about 10 rediculous requests including "can I use my vacation time for next week so I don't have to pay you today?", "can you hold my check until next Wed?" and "Sorry I flipped out on you yesterday, can she still come here even though I said she would never be back?"

Maybe I'm just getting an uber back bone, but I just let both of these parents have it. I am SO SICK of people waltzing into MY house and telling me how it's going to be.
Good for u!!!

I get desperate at times and take a lot even smart remarks and attitude from parents here in my own home but I put a stop to that a couple months ago and termed. I tell ya I feel so relieved and daily life is much easier now that I don't have to walk on eggshells! Oh and since I termed them my days are all shorter too! It's wonderful when u take your home/busniess back!
wdmmom 06:53 AM 08-19-2011

Good for you!!!

Friday isn't "walk all over me" day...well, neither is Monday through Thursday but by Friday, I'm not tolerating any B.S.!

Let 'em have it!
Auntie 06:58 AM 08-19-2011

I totally agree with you. I think one just gets to the point of not wanting to be a victim anymore and taking control of the situation(your business) and saying this is how it is PERIOD (check the calendar )

I have a quote here on my computer that says, "Never accept unaccpetable behavior or you make it acceptable!"
Cat Herder 07:02 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by Auntie:
I have a quote here on my computer that says, "Never accept unaccpetable behavior or you make it acceptable!"
I have one here that says "Daycare is not a charity"....

I guess we all have our vices....
Meeko 07:06 AM 08-19-2011
You're my hero!
Auntie 07:13 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
I have one here that says "Daycare is not a charity"....

I guess we all have our vices....
OH you mean you don't like having everyone showing up at your house with car loads of crap after they have cleaned out their childs playroom? LMAO
godiva83 07:23 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by Auntie:
OH you mean you don't like having everyone showing up at your house with car loads of crap after they have cleaned out their childs playroom? LMAO
Oh man- they other day I walked outside and onto my porch and found a bunch of crap just laying there... A used disgusting diaper geenie,
A ripped and broken play pen, 2 gross baby bath tubs... I freaked, put a huge sign up saying, " please don't drop junk off at my door- this is not a dumping ground."
I still don't know who did it- but now I have to pay the dump to take this crap. WTH
PitterPatter 07:34 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by godiva83:
Oh man- they other day I walked outside and onto my porch and found a bunch of crap just laying there... A used disgusting diaper geenie,
A ripped and broken play pen, 2 gross baby bath tubs... I freaked, put a huge sign up saying, " please don't drop junk off at my door- this is not a dumping ground."
I still don't know who did it- but now I have to pay the dump to take this crap. WTH
WOW! I have never had anything dropped off here and I guess that's a good thing. I get lots of things stolen tho. My outdoor ride ons and things I just wait to be picked off so I don't buy new anymore just used that way if they get stolen it's not too bad. I just can't take everything inside at the end of the day there is no room plus they get wet with rain and all. Just a shame what people do. Have you ever gotten anything good dropped?
Springdaze 07:44 AM 08-19-2011
I have a man who around christmastime every year drops of like 20 coloring books and little golden books. He wont tell me who he is or where he works! I think he works for a printing company in town. I dont know why he comes to my house or if he gives others the same. Makes me smile to think about!
Cat Herder 07:49 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by chellenj:
I have a man who around christmastime every year drops of like 20 coloring books and little golden books. He wont tell me who he is or where he works! I think he works for a printing company in town. I dont know why he comes to my house or if he gives others the same. Makes me smile to think about!
WOW!! That is cool!!

I get cozy coupes with broken wheels, rusted bikes, bm stained/mold stained baby clothes, toddler beds, etc.. Most of which I have to pay to have picked up.

oh, and a box of kittens... THAT was the one that REALLY cost me some money.

It is always weird how NONE of my DCP's have ever seen any of that stuff before...but one child is almost always yelling "mine!!!"..
godiva83 08:13 AM 08-19-2011
Just a shame what people do. Have you ever gotten anything good dropped?[/quote]

Nope never anything good- goes right to the dump , can't even donate it as it is garbage- I think it is so rude, and really upsets me. I know I shouldn't but I feel like it is a personal attack lol saying oh she runs a Home Daycare she needs junk kind of thing, when I take pride in my house, my daycare and the things in my daycare I know silly - somewhere someone mentioned we are coming up to that time ha ha

I am impressed with the books- what a great thing for him to do, good karma will find him. Maybe take it as a pay it forward kind of thing. Maybe get a card ready for him on his next visit I am sure he knows you appreciate it already though, but who can resist a child made card!!

A BOX of KITTENS!!! Wow, poor you that is too hard
I would end up being that crazy cat lady
MyAngels 11:12 AM 08-19-2011
I must be the lucky one. Several of my daycare families regularly donate their toys to us, and they are always nice things in good condition. I always offer to pay for them, but they never accept anything.
Mom_of_two 11:15 AM 08-19-2011
You are NOT a b*tch!! lol.
Setting boundaries is not being one!! It is being assertive, which is healthy!
So feel good about yourself today, OP!
E Daycare 11:24 AM 08-19-2011
Pssstt...

Check the calendar...

We all are about to......
EXACTLY! Monday I was on the "calm before the storm" high and all peaches and cream and today Im happy its Friday because one more day and I may just eat anyone who comes to my house.

Hear that Roar? Mrs E is slamming the door!
momma4many 11:37 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by Mom_of_two:
You are NOT a b*tch!! lol.
Setting boundaries is not being one!! It is being assertive, which is healthy!
So feel good about yourself today, OP!
Thanks!! I am liking it....I feel relieved! No more Mrs. Pushover! Take it or leave...with your kids...LOL!
Cat Herder 12:39 PM 08-19-2011
My DH saw your title to this post and said "Why is it when a woman stands up for herself she is a b*tch, but if a man does it he is respected?"

I told him AGAIN what I always say..."When they call me a b*tch that means I have FINALLY gotten through to them. B*tch translates to Woman who takes no BS"....

Even the male alpha wolf is afraid of the bitch (female dog)......
momma4many 03:57 PM 08-19-2011
My DH saw your title to this post and said "Why is it when a woman stands up for herself she is a b*tch, but if a man does it he is respected?"

I told him AGAIN what I always say..."When they call me a b*tch that means I have FINALLY gotten through to them. B*tch translates to Woman who takes no BS"....

Even the male alpha wolf is afraid of the bitch (female dog)......

Love it! So true!!!! My dh said the same thing when he came home tonight and I told him what happened. He said, "What you think is b*tchy, everyone else thinks of as you FINALLY saying what needs to be said." As you can probably imagine, he has been waiting for me to say this to these dcp for a while now However, I have no problem being the b*tch with dh Part of my new "backbone" is that I decide if they leave, I'm closing. I just can't care about NOT offending them just so we have the income. They started to walk all over me like a doormat. Now, I could give to rat's butts...stay or go, either way, I'll live
Kaddidle Care 05:50 AM 08-20-2011
Wow! He really gets it! You got yourself a good one - hold on tight!
Tags:backbone, disrespectful parents, enforcing policies - consistency, parents - disrespect
Reply Up