Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kid Coming in With Night Time Diaper
Oneluckymom 08:59 AM 08-17-2012
So my DCG came in with (obviously) what was a night time diaper. I found out when her diaper soaked through and got her shorts wet. To make matters worse she had no shorts in her cubby Why do they bring them in their night diaper??? Why not change it in the morning????

I have noticed that she does come in many mornings with a SOAKING diaper and I'm like...you just got here how can it be THAT soaked???

Luckily, I did find some shorts in my backup clothes that should fit her (she is very petite).

Thats my vent !!!
Annalee 09:06 AM 08-17-2012
I am right there with you......What really gets my goat is when they have the nerve to tell you he has pottied all weekend and can they now bring underwear? I am, like, uhhhh no.....pull-ups maybe, but not underwear. It is clear the dcb in my program drinks a cup all night because he floods all morning....no way he is potty-trained....
itlw8 09:08 AM 08-17-2012
check as they arrive and send them to change it.

Let them know it is becoming a habit and it needs to stop. Also tell them they will be turned away Monday to go get extra clothes.

You have to speak up.
MarinaVanessa 09:15 AM 08-17-2012
I agree with the post above. If it's happening consistently and you have a policy against this (I do, it says that all children need to arrive clean, dressed and in a fresh diaper) then I'd check as soon as they walk in the door. If the child has a wet diaper had the parent change the diaper before they leave.
momma2girls 02:52 PM 08-17-2012
I would say something or place it in your contract. I have it in mine. All children must be changed, diaper changed, and babies given their first bottle before coming to my daycare. If this doesn't help, give them the diaper and baby wipes every am, to change it.
MaritimeMummy 03:08 AM 08-20-2012
Is it a comfort thing, with being too comfortable with the care situation and provider? When my mother cared for my daughter a day or two a week when I worked outside of the home, we had to leave before she was out of bed. She was 9 months old. I'd not change her, put her in her seat asleep, drive the 35 minutes to get there, and drop her off still asleep in her jammies and overnight diaper...BUT, she never once "soaked" her diaper, and I always told my mother as SOON as she woke up to change her. I would NEVER have done that on her daycare days.

I have a DCG who shows up in her pj's and a pull up every morning. Not because her parents won't change her, but she puts up such a spit fit that they just let her get her way. Here's the thing: when she started, she always came in her day clothes and no pull up. Since the family found out that the mum and I are somewhat distantly related, she has flat out said that she feels much more comfortable and at ease with me, so I bet they are just letting her win her tantrums because, "it's okay, she's family anyway", and 95% of the time, when she comes earlier than 9am, she's still in her pjs. She was supposed to arrive 7 minutes ago, I am seriously expecting the same thing today.
renodeb 07:03 AM 08-21-2012
omg, when I first opened I had a Dad that did that. (I knew it was the Dad b/c mom confirmed it). I had to say something to the Mom. It was hard but she handled it from there and never had another problem after. If I were you I would say something. After all, eventually you will run out of spare clothes!
Debbie
Oneluckymom 12:44 PM 08-21-2012
Yes that is something to add to my PHB Asap. I know it is the dad because he brings her in most mornings and she does give him some trouble every morning. Thanks for all the input

So far she has not had a soaked diaper, hope it stays that way.
Tags:diaper issues, overnight diaper, parents - are clueless
Reply Up