Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>mom going through private daycare stuff?
gracepatiencelove 03:47 AM 05-09-2014
Okay. Directly in my entrance was is a daycare shelf. I put on the top all of my forms, incoming/outgoing mail, my sign in book, and my notebook where I record anything out of the ordinary (it is labeled "accident and illness log") ((sounds messy but it is organized with binders, hanging clipboards, etc)).

I leave my door unlocked during pick up/drop off times. I knew one mom was well on her way (a little later than average) so I texted to remind her (she will stand and knock). She showed up and ninja'd in to the play room (no problem, we're just playing and this is the time of day I am usually on the floor playing with kids so they don't pull out all of the toys I just put away ). When I came out, the books were out of order and she glanced at it and moved her hand towards the notebook (illness).

Now, I could have FOR SOME REASON UNKNOWN TO ME moved them around... but I know I always check to make sure the log in book is on top so parents will sign in. It was DEFINITELY at LEAST moved. I, of course, have since moved that to my work desk. Everything written and recorded inside was pretty matter of fact (so and so showed up with xx, so and so was sent home for zz, so and so fell and hurt yy).

ANyway. It has been bugging me because I really value my DCP privacy. Should I say something?
Josiegirl 04:01 AM 05-09-2014
If it were me, I wouldn't confront her about it since you're not 100% sure. Just make sure from now on, no dcparent has access to others' info, no matter how general it may seem.
NightOwl 05:45 AM 05-09-2014
That's a confidentiality issue and I'm wondering why you chose to keep it there? Within easy reach of the parents? I just find that odd because confidentiality is a big issue in my state and we could get into legal trouble for breeching it. Even indirectly.
All of my confidential info is kept out of sight/reach from the parents so they don't "accidentally" see something they're not supposed to. And we all know how nosey parents can be about each other! I think she probably flipped thru it out of curiosity but I wouldn't confront her about it. You kinda made it easy for her. Just keep it in a secure place from now on.
craftymissbeth 05:55 AM 05-09-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
That's a confidentiality issue and I'm wondering why you chose to keep it there? Within easy reach of the parents? I just find that odd because confidentiality is a big issue in my state and we could get into legal trouble for breeching it. Even indirectly.
All of my confidential info is kept out of sight/reach from the parents so they don't "accidentally" see something they're not supposed to. And we all know how nosey parents can be about each other! I think she probably flipped thru it out of curiosity but I wouldn't confront her about it. You kinda made it easy for her. Just keep it in a secure place from now on.

gracepatiencelove 06:13 AM 05-09-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
A combination of being naive enough to believe that adults understand not to dig through things in other peoples' homes, and because I require (not my state) signatures on injuries/illness.

Honestly, I feel dumb about it now that I think about it. I just know that I would not dig through something like that, even if it were at the daycare my child attended.
NightOwl 07:08 AM 05-09-2014
I totally understand. Some people just don't understand boundaries. It was incredibly rude of her.
Unregistered 07:19 AM 05-09-2014
Playing devils advocate.. maybe she accidently knocked it down while doing something else.
Heidi 07:24 AM 05-09-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Playing devils advocate.. maybe she accidently knocked it down while doing something else.

I thought the same thing. Can you move it somewhere nearby but not within sight?
gracepatiencelove 07:30 AM 05-09-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
It would have to have been majorly klutzy, the way its set. I guess it could have happened, but then wouldn't the adult response be to put it back where it was? I suppose she could have just not seen where it had fallen from but I just find that really unlikely.
Reply Up