Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Selling Daycare Equipment
rosieteddy 07:35 AM 10-05-2016
I closed down last year .Does anyone know how to sell things to daycares.....?I have this great swing set 10 children can use it at the same time.I paid 3000. for it and tried to sell it for 800. or BO,no interest on craigs list.I have an awesome 5 seat stroller (runabout)...Other strollers and inside equipment -school grade table and 8 chairs all kinds of toys ect.It is kind of depressing every day looking at these things.I did close unexpectedly(heart attack)so it took a little time to wrap my head around not caring for children here. I have called a couple of local daycares but everyhas what they need.Any other ideas?
Blackcat31 07:42 AM 10-05-2016
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
I closed down last year .Does anyone know how to sell things to daycares.....?I have this great swing set 10 children can use it at the same time.I paid 3000. for it and tried to sell it for 800. or BO,no interest on craigs list.I have an awesome 5 seat stroller (runabout)...Other strollers and inside equipment -school grade table and 8 chairs all kinds of toys ect.It is kind of depressing every day looking at these things.I did close unexpectedly(heart attack)so it took a little time to wrap my head around not caring for children here. I have called a couple of local daycares but everyhas what they need.Any other ideas?
Do you belong to any local Facebook provider groups?

I would see if there are any for your area.....

I would also reach out to other providers and ask them to spread the word. You'd be surprised how many people you can reach through just a few other providers.
MarinaVanessa 07:45 AM 10-05-2016
What about contacting your local resource and referral agency? Mine let's us send letters/flyers to upcoming events and as long as we put the postage on them they'll run them through their mail list of providers and centers and will mail them out for us. Maybe try that too? You can make simple black and white "Went Out of Business Sale" flyer with small photos, names and price OBO and add your contact info.

Also try looking for Facebook groups catered to parents (like mommy groups), child BST groups (buy/sell/trade groups) and groups for child care providers to post your items on. I have a much easier time selling items on Facebook than I do on Craigslist nowadays.

Or just wait it out for Craigslist. Sometimes it just takes a bit longer to sell on Craigslist. Good luck!
Play Care 07:46 AM 10-05-2016
When we've had providers close and sell their things, our child care resource and referral sends out a mailing to let us know.
thrivingchildcarecom 08:05 AM 10-05-2016
Also, if you have a local CCR you might see if they have a FOR SALE board they would let you post to.
midaycare 08:20 AM 10-05-2016
People around here do garage sales. A lot of home schooling parents will buy materials, and kids toys are the biggest draw. The swingset just needs the right buyer
Second Home 09:03 AM 10-05-2016
A local daycare / yard sale page on facebook would be my suggestion .
LittleScholars 09:22 AM 10-05-2016
I second Facebook mommy groups/mom swaps. I've purchased nearly everything from those groups, and I have lots of friends that aren't daycare providers that have large families and would LOVE a 5-seater stroller. They go instantly on the mom swap near me.
Unregistered 05:43 PM 10-06-2016
Where in Massachusetts are you located?
rosieteddy 09:01 AM 10-07-2016
Thanks everyone for the ideas.I am in Milton Ma. and there are many providers here.I just would like to close this chapter and not be reminded every day that I am done.Its just like every thing in life as time goes by you start remembering all the good things about Family Childcare.Thats one of the reasons I still come to this site to remember some of the challenges.I really enjoyed the children and miss the fun times.I will work on getting these things gone.
Reply Up