Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Mad Termed Mom Won't Come To Sign Subsidy Time Sheet

My previous post I stated I just termmed my 2 year 3 month daycare boy who was hitting/throwing at the kids constantly and has hit/thrown at me many many times, everything was excessive with this boy.

Through Email the mom told me the boys grandma will be by to get his things on Thurs. evening. I told the mom she needs to come pick up the things because I need the Feb. time sheet signed for the Subsidy payment. She then told me that I could send it with the grandma and she would send it back and was being all high and mighty telling me there is still plenty of time, ect. Well since she was also saying other rude things and I have been nothing but nice, I decided I wasn't going to be nice anymore and I told her that my time sheet will stay here and if she can't come to sign it herself then I would call the state to see what I need to do.

I guess I'll call tomorrow, but do I absolutely need her signature to get paid? I am in NY state. I was getting subsidy for my youngest daughter before I opened my daycare and I never once signed a sheet for my provider, but it was a daycare center so I am not sure if that works differently.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Daycare.com Member

where we live (Ca.) we don't have to get the signature if the parents refuse we just have to attach a note to the time sheet and call them to let them know
Old 02-23-2011, 06:30 AM

In California, you just attach an explanation signed by you, with any records of attendance.

After that, she will likely not be receiving subsidized care for a little while, They tend to frown on those shenanigans.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:32 AM
Daycare Member

I had this happen once too. I called the agency that handles the payments, told them the situation and they said to just attach a note stating that the parent refused to sign due to termination. Just call whoever handles your subsidy payments and let them know what happened. It should be fine.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:40 AM

Thanks ladies...I called and the lady said just that...attach a reason why the papers are not signed, then she said her manager would try to contact the parent to compare times. My only issue with this is, would if the mom tries to be a jerk and say I didn't have her son on a certain day when I did, or lies about the amount of hours (because the grandma claims hours for watching the boy too).

I keep strict records and know the exact hours I had him, but I don't do a sign in/sign out sheet...I keep track myself...so would if it's my word against hers? Who will they side with?
Old 02-23-2011, 06:53 AM

That depends on how credible she's been in the past. If she has a history of behaving this way, I wouldn't worry too much. Let the chips fall, and revisit anything that you didn't get paid for once that happens.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:51 AM

Does your contract have days and hours? If so that would be sufficient for your proof.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Daycare.com Member

Compare this month to the last 2 months and see if there are any red flags. ?Then you can let the agency know your concern about this issue too.

Sorry.