Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Friday The 13th Not Going To Great!
MrsB 06:07 AM 04-13-2012
Normally I have to get up at 5:45 but my early arrivers werent coming today, so both me and my husband didnt have to get up until 7:30. We forgot to change the alarms, so all of them went off at 5:45. So much for sleeping in.

New girl that started this week got sent home yesterday with a fever. Mom just texted me and said now she has a rash! Great! They are off to the doctor. Hoping its nothing that everyone else here gets!

My hubby decided he was going to go in late today. He has totally thrown me and the kids out of our morning routine. The 3 littlest ones are crying at the gate. "Mr Jackie".

Best friend called and her mother died in her sleep last night. Feel so bad and wish I could take the day off to go be with her.

Hoping the day gets better! Its just got too!
Blackcat31 06:14 AM 04-13-2012
Hoping your day gets better!

Your dcg with the fever and the rash probably has scarlet fever, a strep infection or something similar. All mild, treatable but contagious so good thing it is Friday and she is guaranteed the weekend to recover.

You have NASCAR to look forward to after the Easter break...Texas! Yah! I love the fast tracks! Lots of action!
MrsB 06:19 AM 04-13-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Your dcg with the fever and the rash probably has scarlet fever, a strep infection or something similar. All mild, treatable but contagious so good thing it is Friday and she is guaranteed the weekend to recover.

You have NASCAR to look forward to after the Easter break...Texas! Yah! I love the fast tracks! Lots of action!
You are awesome BlackCat! Thanks for reminding me and putting a smile on my face. I love Texas too!
MrsB 09:18 AM 04-13-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

You were right Cat, scarlet fever. Mom was totally freaked out I was going to term her because she had it. Since they are still in their trial period. I think she was freaked out that her daughter had scarlet fever too. She ended up breaking down on the phone after I explained to her that scarlet fever killed people back in the day, but it really is just strep throat with a rash. I told her not to stress about daycare, just concentrate on using her day to cuddle with sick girl while her boys are at school. and as long as her fever was gone by Sunday we would see them on Monday morning.
Oneluckymom 01:43 PM 04-13-2012
My Friday hasn't gone well either...actually it's been my own daughter who has been giving me all the trouble. Usually, it is her that gets everyone else all hyped up too!
MrsB 02:09 PM 04-13-2012
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
My Friday hasn't gone well either...actually it's been my own daughter who has been giving me all the trouble. Usually, it is her that gets everyone else all hyped up too!
I feel that way when my own kids are out of school or during the summers. They mess the whole flow up!

That why this year I am sending them to summer camp or somthing! My daycare is just too geared for the little ones. They get bored pretty quickly with my activities. Plus they have done them a thousand times.

Hope your weekend is better!
MsMe 02:15 PM 04-13-2012
I remember many years ago when a DCM called to tell me her daughter had scarlet fever....we were both so worked up!!! Only time a google/webMD search ever made me feel BETTER

Hope the weekend is relaxing for you!!
Blackcat31 02:40 PM 04-13-2012
Originally Posted by MrsB:
You were right Cat, scarlet fever. Mom was totally freaked out I was going to term her because she had it. Since they are still in their trial period. I think she was freaked out that her daughter had scarlet fever too. She ended up breaking down on the phone after I explained to her that scarlet fever killed people back in the day, but it really is just strep throat with a rash. I told her not to stress about daycare, just concentrate on using her day to cuddle with sick girl while her boys are at school. and as long as her fever was gone by Sunday we would see them on Monday morning.
I had the same freaked out reaction years ago when my DD got scarlet fever when she was around 5 or 6 but then the Dr explained to me that it was just strep with a rash and was minor and no biggie.

I guessed it was that because of your description and the fact that it seems to be going around in certain places so....

Also as I said in first post, good thing she has the weekend to cuddle, snuggle and recover before returning to care.

You might want to mention to any other families who had kids who were present when the sick DCG was since the incubation period is 2-5 days.

http://www.hennepin.us/files/Hennepi...5_s6STREPT.pdf
Reply Up