Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Some Parents Just Don't Think!
Breezy 09:41 AM 05-08-2012
DCM texted me at 5AM again saying DCG wouldn't be here 'til after 9 again because she was up all night. This happens more often than not lately since DCG (10 months) stays up all night playing and fighting sleep. She just dropped her off here in jammies, which is normal too. My handbook says children must be dressed and ready for daycare but I am choosing my battles right now- though after today I am going to address this issue!

I went to the diaper bag to get her clothes out and mom packed an outfit that is like a full body romper which needs to be taken off totally to change her diaper!! No snaps at the crotch. Like I have time for that!

I am going to pull out one of DSs old onesies and dress her in that for the day and pack into jammies for pick up.....

Sheesh.
daycare123 09:45 AM 05-08-2012
oh my goodness, who let's their baby stay up all night playing. Sounds like she needs to get her into a routine and early bedtime!! Does she go back to bed after she arrives at your place?
Soupyszoo 09:49 AM 05-08-2012
Those rompers are a pain when changing diapers all day. But they sure are CUTE! They are a big deal this year too! I love them! Actually, I love them even more with snaps
temom 09:51 AM 05-08-2012
I seriously need to grow a back bone. I had a DCK that the DCD dropped off in jammies and the diaper he had on since night, they would bring a bag with clothes for the whole week. plus i had to get him to brush his teeth. when i tried to put a stop to it, DCM told me DCD has to do yoga in the morning and doesn't get the time.
MarinaVanessa 09:52 AM 05-08-2012
I was just going to advise you to leave the baby in the jammies but looks like you already came to the same conclusion. I'd keep doing this everytime that baby gets dropped off in jammies and just say that because you require all kids to be dressed for the day you just figured that that's what she wanted baby to be dressed in ((shrug)). If she mentions the romper in the bag I'd tell her that I assumed that it was her extra change of clothes in case she got her jammies dirty. If she tries to "clarify" that she wants you to change the baby just laugh ... out loud ... and say "Oh you're so funny" and walk away chuckling.
Breezy 09:54 AM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by daycare123:
oh my goodness, who let's their baby stay up all night playing. Sounds like she needs to get her into a routine and early bedtime!! Does she go back to bed after she arrives at your place?
No she doesn't sleep. Yesterday she fell asleep literally 3 minutes before DCD came to get her at 3:30. I have tried everything to get her to sleep and she screams. Only way she will sleep is if I lay next to her on the bed but I can't do that. She is overtired all day and screams hysterically all day. She knows if she screams long enough she will get up since thats what mom does.
temom 09:54 AM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I was just going to advise you to leave the baby in the jammies but looks like you already came to the same conclusion. I'd keep doing this everytime that baby gets dropped off in jammies and just say that because you require all kids to be dressed for the day you just figured that that's what she wanted baby to be dressed in ((shrug)). If she mentions the romper in the bag I'd tell her that I assumed that it was her extra change of clothes in case she got her jammies dirty. If she tries to "clarify" that she wants you to change the baby just laugh ... out loud ... and say "Oh you're so funny" and walk away chuckling.

kayla 09:54 AM 05-08-2012
I have been having the same issues lately with a mom. But I don't want to say anything either for fear I might lose her. But how long can you let someone go on breaking the rules, I am frustrated as well. My dcm has been no calling no showing ever since she got a new boyfriend. I'm not sure it has anything to do with that but it never happened before now all of a sudden she shows up whenever she feels like it... She doesnt let me know if she is going to be early or late. My contract states to let me know as soon as possible. And her child has been coming in pjs alot lately without proper supplies no matter how many times I ask or remind her of the items that need to be brought....
Unregistered 10:29 AM 05-08-2012
If anyone has a sure fire way of getting an infant to sleep, please let me know.

I have a 6 mo that can SCREAM for a solid hour without falling asleep. The only way I can get him to sleep is to lay him on his stomach and pat his bottom for 10 to 15 mins while he screams. Once he falls asleep, I can turn him over. The problem is with 4 or 5 other kids, I can't always do that.

This baby has NEVER been put to bed awake. Mom always nurses him to sleep.
dave4him 04:59 PM 05-08-2012
My twins were crazy last night, they decided to wake up screaming for attention at 2:30, fortuantly my five year old helped out a little. I dont like waking my tired wife, she works way to hard. It took me an hour to get them to pass out on the couch with me and Avery holding them close
Tags:parents - dont know how
Reply Up