Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Deductible Expenses
wdmmom 08:12 PM 06-21-2013
Is lawn maintenance a taxable deduction...more specifically grass seed, gas for the mower, weed and pest control, etc?

What about carpet on a staircase and the labor associated?

A vacuum? (Just bought a Dyson and absolutely LOVE it! Sure it was expensive but it sure beats spending $200 every other year replacing the other ones!)

And what about flooring? Our laminate floor is in need of replacement and it extends from the entryway to the back door and includes the main floor bathroom (used solely for daycare) and the kitchen.
TomCopeland 10:09 AM 06-22-2013
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
Is lawn maintenance a taxable deduction...more specifically grass seed, gas for the mower, weed and pest control, etc?

What about carpet on a staircase and the labor associated?

A vacuum? (Just bought a Dyson and absolutely LOVE it! Sure it was expensive but it sure beats spending $200 every other year replacing the other ones!)

And what about flooring? Our laminate floor is in need of replacement and it extends from the entryway to the back door and includes the main floor bathroom (used solely for daycare) and the kitchen.
Lawn maintenance is tax deductible. Multiply by your time-space % and claim in one year.
Carpet is a 15 year improvement. You can use the 50% bonus rule.
Vacuum is tax deductible. Multiply by your time-space % and claim in one year
Laminate floor is depreciated over 7 years and you can use the 50
% bonus rule.
Unregistered 08:35 AM 06-24-2013
Tom, I was sure in the past, you had said 7 years on carpeting???

Yikes!
hope Im not in trouble!
TomCopeland 09:24 AM 06-24-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Tom, I was sure in the past, you had said 7 years on carpeting???

Yikes!
hope Im not in trouble!
You are right! Carpeting is 7 year property. My mistake.
Tags:deductible, expenses
Reply Up