Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>do I say something?
gracepatiencelove 12:36 PM 07-07-2014
DCG almost 2 fell off of a small little tykes slide (like, two feet) and had a bruise/knot on her forehead.

Told dad, texted mom, all seemedo kay.

Dad thought she fell of the huge real slides at the playgroudn! uh, no, that would have warranted a call at least

Well, I guess he commented to DCM that maybe I don't watch her closely enough. They are not together and I do not want to break her trust but I want to make sure that he knows I'm not like, "yeah, just go run around and I'm gonna be over here ignoring you."

Do I say something?
Blackcat31 12:53 PM 07-07-2014
Absolutely!

I would let him know that it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop a child from ever having an accident and that bruises and bumps ARE going to happen.

I would also make sure to let him know that it is vital he has trust in your abilities to care for and supervise his child and that making those sorts of comments about you is neither constructive or fair.

If he has lost trust in your ability to supervise his child, perhaps it's time he found a new provider too...

That kind of stuff really irks me.
itlw8 01:05 PM 07-07-2014
yes a bump to the head needed a call. let then know how far she fell what it looked like and how you treated it and you will call back if any change.

Dad is confused so yes a simple hey dad I am sorry I did not give you enough information she was on the baby little tikes slide.

Bumps happen all you can so is make sure you have taken every safety precaution you can
AmyKidsCo 01:08 PM 07-07-2014
Yup, I'd say something. Definitely let him know it was the little slide. Usually I also say something about how "I saw it coming but couldn't get there fast enough - you know how quick kids are" ... something like that.
Unregistered 03:03 PM 07-07-2014
Originally Posted by itlw8:
yes a bump to the head needed a call. let then know how far she fell what it looked like and how you treated it and you will call back if any change.

Dad is confused so yes a simple hey dad I am sorry I did not give you enough information she was on the baby little tikes slide.

Bumps happen all you can so is make sure you have taken every safety precaution you can
I pointed at the slide and showed him where she hit her head.
He comes across as very ditzy and forgetful.
Crazy8 03:16 PM 07-07-2014
these are the parents where I can't wait until junior comes in with a bump on their head on a monday morning…. then I give them the third degree on how it happened, where they were at the time, etc.
Reply Up