Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Grass
Baby Beluga 01:18 PM 10-16-2017
The grass in my backyard has taken a huge turn for the worse because of the DCK's.

In my area you have to plant grass twice a year: we have winter grass and summer grass. I tried planting winter grass myself but it's not growing. The kids are playing in dirt and dragging dead grass inside. If I hire a landscaper to plant winter grass is the 100% deductible? If it weren't for the daycare I would give the ground a rest and wait until summer grass is in season but that's not a possibility right now.
Michael 02:10 PM 10-16-2017
I would think that since your grass is part of your outdoor daycare activities it would be a deduction. Here are some other threads on landscape deductions: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...on+-+landscape
TomCopeland 08:38 AM 10-17-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
The grass in my backyard has taken a huge turn for the worse because of the DCK's.

In my area you have to plant grass twice a year: we have winter grass and summer grass. I tried planting winter grass myself but it's not growing. The kids are playing in dirt and dragging dead grass inside. If I hire a landscaper to plant winter grass is the 100% deductible? If it weren't for the daycare I would give the ground a rest and wait until summer grass is in season but that's not a possibility right now.
If the cost of the new grass is $2,500 or less, you can treat it as a repair and deduct the time-space % in one year. Since you use the grass for personal, as well as business use, it's not 100% deductible.
Baby Beluga 08:10 PM 10-17-2017
Thank you!
Mom2Two 04:49 PM 10-18-2017
Not a tax answer, just thinking of saving some $. Would it work to throw down Winter grass seed on top of the Summer grass when the weather starts to cool off?
Tags:deduction - landscape
Reply Up