Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions

Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions What books and stories do you like best. Reviews are welcome.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Book Hospital

I wanted to share an idea I saw about teaching preschoolers about book care. Often times my dck just throw the books into the bucket and they can get ruined pretty fast. I decided to teach them about caring for books by showing them a torn up book or one with writing on it and then a newish well taken care of book. Then we will discuss how to take care of our books. I made a Book Hospital (Not my original idea...I saw it somewhere online) for kids put books that need some TLC. Inside I have tape, a magic eraser, clear contact paper etc to repair the book when I have time. I will start this lesson next week and I assume it will be ongoing
Pinata, preschool, book hospital 087.jpg

Tags
bookkeeping, books

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off