Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Family Issues Ackward
sammyj 03:24 PM 09-18-2015
I have been caring for my nice in my FHDC. All was going well until this morning. (Dad is my nephew) Mom who is primary care giver for child informs me that my nephew would no longer be allowed to pick up child because she does not trust him with her. She gave no reason and my response was that as parent who entered in contract with me I would have to abide by her wishes. This whole situation makes me very uncomfortable and I am considering terminating care however I know that my care is helping mom out as I am not charging full price. I just don't want to get involved with all this drama. Any suggestions?
Josiegirl 03:29 PM 09-18-2015
Doesn't dcm have to give you a court document saying dcd cannot pick up his own child? Otherwise you have to let him pick up.
NoMoreJuice! 03:30 PM 09-18-2015
You can tell her you'd be happy to comply with any court ordered restraining order she can produce. Other than that, you can NOT withhold a child from her parent. It is considered kidnapping, and you could go to jail. This is very serious.
Play Care 03:31 PM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
You can tell her you'd be happy to comply with any court ordered restraining order she can produce. Other than that, you can NOT withhold a child from her parent. It is considered kidnapping, and you could go to jail. This is very serious.
This.
Heidi 03:53 PM 09-18-2015
Ditto the pp's

Unless there's a court order, you cannot keep a child from his parent.
Heidi 03:55 PM 09-18-2015
Tom addresses this. Here's one link I found. Dig around a bit more, and I'm sure you'll find more on the subject.
http://tomcopelandblog.com/tom-copel...stody-disputes
jenboo 04:07 PM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Ditto the pp's

Unless there's a court order, you cannot keep a child from his parent.

Ariana 04:10 PM 09-18-2015
This! It is unfortunate but mom doesn't get to decide on a whim to withhold a child. if she has an issue she needs to go to court.
LysesKids 04:17 PM 09-18-2015
Ditto... take it from someone who has served these papers (prior to childcare), yeah, you need a court order in order to comply with moms wishes, otherwise...
Thriftylady 05:36 PM 09-18-2015
Yep, you HAVE to have a court order. Otherwise if he comes to pick up you can't deny him. You can call the police but they will say it is a civil matter and without a court order they can't stop him.
Reply Up