Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Newbie Question - Food Program
Mrs. CC 05:30 AM 10-27-2011
Ok, am reading the Tom Copeland book on record keeping as well as reading everything i can on the forum. I keep reading about the Food Program and I have searched in Google for it, but have not been able to find where I can sign up.

Is it a phone number I need to call? Is it an online thing? Please, I am sure this question is annoying, but I really can't find it.

Thank you!
Pammie 05:41 AM 10-27-2011
The Food Program is run through sponsoring organizations - licensing depts in most states.
Contact your local daycare licensing office for your local food program sponsor
Mrs. CC 07:18 AM 10-27-2011
Thank you! That explains why I couldn't find a government website for it!
Blackcat31 07:19 AM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by Mrs. CC:
Thank you! That explains why I couldn't find a government website for it!
What state are you in? Maybe other on this board can give you contact info if they are in the same state.
small_steps 07:24 AM 10-27-2011
You could also call a couple of the daycare centers/homes in your area and most of the time they are happy to help you by telling you who their sponsor is. Also, they may give you an idea of how their food service inspector is or whatever you call them. Mine is great but I've heard there are some that aren't as friendly.
mismatchedsocks 07:26 AM 10-27-2011
I use WECA (Wisconsin Early Childhood Association) but its just in Wisconsin. Maybe google food program daycare and whatever state you are in
Tags:food program
Reply Up