Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Termination Funny
MrsSteinel'sHouse 05:52 AM 09-18-2015
On Monday I gave parents notice that if they were late again for pick up it would be immediate termination with no refund. They had been late 7 out of the 23 pick ups.
Last night, mom comes in late- asks what she owes for being late- I said the letter stated termination. But, I said this really was the last time.

So dad sent me this message-
"I'm tired of being an inconvenience to you and your schedule due to my work. I'm trying to find a solution."
then in the middle of the night
Ill be out of town tomorrow. So XXXXX will not be attending tomorrow. Thank you.
Which we know what that means.. he is trying to find care today.

So I sent him this reminder-
Reminder, for you to terminate our contract two weeks written notice is required. "14 days, 2 weeks written notice must be given. If a child will not be in care $XXX is due immediately and $XX per week late fee will be assessed starting with the second week" So, there are a couple of things that I am willing to do at this point. 1) I terminate with no refunds as per the letter I gave you on Monday, you come pick up XXXXXX's items and that is that. 2) you realize that I give your daughter excellent care and that you need to be here on time and we move forward. 3) you give your 2 week notice today with your last day of care being October 2nd. Let me know today what your decision is.

He posted on fb after he read that-
Ignorant people Amuse me. Keep it up guys! grin emoticon.
12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.12:16 A fool's wrath is presently known: but a prudent man covereth shame.12:17 He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit.12:18 There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health.12:19 The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue is but for a moment.12:20 Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the counsellors of peace is joy.12:21 There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief.12:22 Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.12:23 A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness. Proverbs

I really was doing it for grandparents. Poor baby, she is the one that needs love, stability and care and unfortunately parents are going to give it to them. Oh and mom is off most of the time that I have little one. She is 5 months old.

Anyway- thought you might get a laugh. I am assuming that I won't have her again. Love the little girl but this is a business.
Heidi 06:05 AM 09-18-2015
Wow...

So, he posted a bunch of bible verses on FB after you told him whats-what, but he hasn't acknowledged your options?

I don't get it. Why not just deal with you?
auntymimi 06:12 AM 09-18-2015
Proverbs also includes 22:24 -the proud and arrogant man, "mocker" is his name, he behaves with overweening pride.
And Phillipians 2:3 says-Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
It irks me when people pick and choose biblical passages to justify their nonsense."that's not how this works! That's not how any of this works!"
Blackcat31 06:33 AM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by auntymimi:
Proverbs also includes 22:24 -the proud and arrogant man, "mocker" is his name, he behaves with overweening pride.
And Phillipians 2:3 says-Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
It irks me when people pick and choose biblical passages to justify their nonsense."that's not how this works! That's not how any of this works!"

MrsSteinel'sHouse 06:39 AM 09-18-2015
I told you it was funny.
I can view this in a positive light because right now I have a waiting list, a new baby in October that I was trying to figure out how this was going to all work. And I told my family when I took her this would not be long lived. It has been an income for almost 2 month- gap filler. But I knew that it would end something like this.
Josiegirl 10:02 AM 09-18-2015
Hope he pays you. Evidently you're in the market to buy a handbasket if you're going to he!!.
childcaremom 10:05 AM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Hope he pays you. Evidently you're in the market to buy a handbasket if you're going to he!!.

I would be upset to see that he would rather trash it out on social media than actually discussing it with you.... however I am glad you are able to put a positive spin on it.
laundrymom 10:11 AM 09-18-2015
Maybe he should read::::

Romans 13:8

Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.

Deuteronomy 24:15 ESV

You shall give him his wages on the same day, before the sun sets (for he is poor and counts on it), lest he cry against you to the Lord, and you be guilty of sin.

Proverbs 10:18

He who conceals hatred has lying lips, And he who spreads slander is a fool.
littletots 10:13 AM 09-18-2015
Wow. That's deep. Good you have waiting list. Bad you had to deal with dcp who take advantage of providers and think we should overlook them not following contract.
Thriftylady 02:30 PM 09-18-2015
Wow, I am a Christian, so I like Bible verses. But I hate it when people use them the way he did.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 02:35 PM 09-18-2015
On the pay me note- They have already paid for next week and I am willing to just end it with that. If they want to give two weeks then they would just owe me the second week which I would require on Monday before watching baby.

at this point I am hoping they make arrangements to pick up her stuff and that is that.

I said today... I bet he waits until 11:59 tonight because he is that childish..
MrsSteinel'sHouse 02:36 PM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:

too funny!
e.j. 02:38 PM 09-18-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Maybe he should read::::

Romans 13:8

Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.

You shall give him his wages on the same day, before the sun sets (for he is poor and counts on it), lest he cry against you to the Lord, and you be guilty of sin.

Proverbs 10:18

He who conceals hatred has lying lips, And he who spreads slander is a fool.
Ooh! Touche!! I'm not the passive aggressive type but if he were my client, I'd be sorely tempted to send these verses to him in reply.
Josiegirl 02:39 PM 09-18-2015

Ah...that HAD to have been written by a daycare provider. Especially the poor and counting on it part.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 03:26 AM 09-19-2015
Well I did not see this one coming-

"XXXXX is use to you an that environment for the moment. From this point forward she will need to be there by 7 and picked up by 5. If this is something that we can manage we would like to continue your service. Thank you."

Well, did he man up or did they dash around looking for other care yesterday and realize that he isn't going to find it?? The funny is they have been running 8:30- 5:40ish 9 hours. "If this is something we can manage we would like to continue your service." Dad sets his own schedule. If he wanted to work 8 -4 he could. All I was asking was that she is picked up by 5:30 no later so that I can make plans etc. She is the only one I have past 5 and I am ok with the 5:30.

now help me with a reply. "for the moment" so are they still looking....
littletots 03:53 AM 09-19-2015
Do you want their business? If so, agree, put it behind you and move forward. You schooled him. And yes, I agree they weren't able to find care on short notice. And let's hope interview other fcc providers. Now if it were me? I'd end. I don't like to be around cray cray.
childcaremom 04:10 AM 09-19-2015
I would go with your original offers to him.... and go with #1.
Unregistered 04:16 AM 09-19-2015
Are you pretty certain the passages posted on Facebook were referring to you? If you are pretty certain, then he was implying you were:

Ignorant
a fool
a false witness
a lying tongue
wicked shall be filled with mischief

I could not continue with some one that posted that. I would be tempted to reply that my wickedly mischievous deceitful foolish ignorant self has decided that this is no longer a good idea.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 04:39 AM 09-19-2015
She is a great little girl. As long as the parents can get it together and get her on time
So I think my reply is simply going to be "great see you on Monday"

(oh and they are doing the holistic vaccinations so they are not going to get her into a center)
Reply Up