Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How would you respond?
childcaremom 02:06 PM 09-23-2015
I sent dcg home today b/c she was whiny and scream/crying. Not playing. Just sitting and whining. Didn't settle at nap. Cried off and on for an hour. Called for pick up.

I told dad at pick up that she needed a full day at home back to normal (she is just getting over being sick) before returning.

Mom just emailed and asked if I she can come back in the morning b/c she is fine at home.

I need letter help All I've got is "uh, no."
Ariana 02:28 PM 09-23-2015
my childcare policy is that children must be ready and able to participate in daycare activities before they can return to my care. Today ______ was unable to participate and can only return when she has fully recovered and therefore will need to stay at home a further 24 hours.
I appreciate your understanding and we will see _____ on Friday September 24.
Thanks

Something like that?
Blackcat31 03:03 PM 09-23-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I sent dcg home today b/c she was whiny and scream/crying. Not playing. Just sitting and whining. Didn't settle at nap. Cried off and on for an hour. Called for pick up.

I told dad at pick up that she needed a full day at home back to normal (she is just getting over being sick) before returning.

Mom just emailed and asked if I she can come back in the morning b/c she is fine at home.

I need letter help All I've got is "uh, no."

DCM,

Of course she is fine at home. We are all more comfortable when in the safety and security of our own homes. Imagine not feeling well but having to hang out in Walmart all day. That is very similar to what child care is like. Very active, very noisy and full of stimuli from all sorts of different things.

To be on the safe side, I prefer that ALL children sent home from care for not being or acting 100% like themselves, take a full 24 hrs off from our busy activities and get some good restorative rest before returning. I am sure you understand

Thank you

Provider

childcaremom 03:44 PM 09-23-2015
Thanks ladies!
daycare 04:08 PM 09-23-2015
I also tell parents that when children are still not well enough to participate as normal it can also be an indication that their immune systems are still being compromised.

if a child returns before their immune system has time to fully recover, the child is going to end up getting sick with anything that comes ito our environment. For the safety of the child and all other children, we will follow the cdc guidelines of a full 24 hour exclusion from childcare before they can return.
Reply Up