Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Oh, No!! I Am Terrible!
BusyBee 07:44 AM 06-15-2012
When I went to Walmart last night I was going to pick up stuff for our Father's Day craft and I totally forgot!!! I just remembered at about 8 this morning. So now I need to figure out somethings to do quick!!! Not that the dads will really even care. But the kids do!
SilverSabre25 08:05 AM 06-15-2012
Heh that's the position I'm in today :P I've been thinking of it all week but forgot at the same time...iykwim
kathiemarie 08:29 AM 06-15-2012
Do you have cake mix or stuff to make cookies? If you do just have the kids help you bake a yummy treat and have them make a card. Dad will love treats and mom will love the card and the kids will be proud that they baked something.
countrymom 09:20 AM 06-15-2012
I didn't do anything for mothers day or fathers day, we've been busy with other things and we spend so much time outside, well time flies when you go outside.
Springdaze 09:21 AM 06-15-2012
If you have a camera and printer this is what I did. Took a picture of each kid with a bat and hat. printed it out and glued a list of things on the back like fave number, fave color, fave food, fave snack, and fave activity to do with dad.
voila! baseball card! I also gave each kid a baseball nickname like Brian the Bomber and CJ Crackerjack. I did this 8 years ago and a father that got one asked me last year if I had another copy because his flew out of his car window and missed it so much!
Unregistered 09:22 AM 06-15-2012
Hello from up here in Canada. Here is an easy one, print off the "footprints poem on DTLK's site, then glue to paper with kid's footprints on either side. i did it last year, dads loved it
Lilbutterflie 10:59 AM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by chellenj:
If you have a camera and printer this is what I did. Took a picture of each kid with a bat and hat. printed it out and glued a list of things on the back like fave number, fave color, fave food, fave snack, and fave activity to do with dad.
voila! baseball card! I also gave each kid a baseball nickname like Brian the Bomber and CJ Crackerjack. I did this 8 years ago and a father that got one asked me last year if I had another copy because his flew out of his car window and missed it so much!
This is a really cute idea! Perhaps I will do this next year since we already made Father's Day Trophies!
BusyBee 11:15 AM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by chellenj:
CUTE idea!!!!
WImom 11:46 AM 06-15-2012
We just made cards this year. I also did a little sheet that I asked the kids questions about their dad to include in it.

I just wasn't into it this year. After Christmas and Mother's day projects/gifts and not a single parent said anything I figured I'm busy this summer and I'm not going out of my way.

What a cute idea chellenj, I'll have to try that one next year.
Former Teacher 05:47 AM 06-16-2012
I feel bad because Father's Day for me I usually overlook. Not on purpose but its the one holiday that I normally miss.

Anyway I was in the same boat as you. Come Thursday night, I was like ! All I did was take a tie pattern and had the kids color it. One said You are #1 and the other said You are Tie-riffic!

I got an idea from this forum. I had the kids make a sign that said We love you to Pieces. Instead of Reese's pieces that was the idea, I just did regular covered chocolate covered cherries.
Tags:fathers day - ideas
Reply Up