Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Tom...Correction On Question..Help Pls
frugalmama4 08:33 AM 02-12-2013
Thanks for your help

I asked before what to claim under "Business Conducted in Home Office" in TurboTax...below is how the question reads.

Enter the percentage of time provider spends conducting business in the home office. See Examples: Here are some examples of how to figure what percentage to enter:

Example of when to enter 100%

You work as a freelance editor for numerous online publications. In addition to the actual editing, you use your home office to perform research, call in to meetings and otherwise communicate with the publications, look for other editing jobs, and perform administrative work such as keeping track of your income and expenses. Any time spent out of the office is to buy office supplies and to attend conferences and seminars directly related to your work. You enter 100 for the percentage of business income earned from your home office. Note: The number you enter will impact your allowable home office deduction.

This is what I'm confused on??? The why it reads to me is " the percentage of time I earn income from working in my home office" and that would be 100% since I don't earn income away from the home doing childcare...right? My Question: Would this be 100% for me since I earn all of my income based on the work I do at home "home office"?

Thanks Tom...I have my pin and paper ready for tonight's webina
Tags:taxes
Reply Up