Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: How many days per week do your DCK's take home something tangible?
1 time 11 40.74%
2 times 7 25.93%
3 times 5 18.52%
4 times 3 11.11%
5 times 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Take Home Items
Blackcat31 02:09 PM 11-13-2011
How many days a week do your daycare children take home something tangible?
MissAnn 02:22 PM 11-13-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
How many days a week do your daycare children take home something tangible?
I'd like to know HOW they take them home? Carry out each day in their hands? Backpack? I'm searching for new ideas that might actually work!
daycare 02:58 PM 11-13-2011
Each child has a cubby box with a small space above it for art/projects!

Parents know my rule. If it still there Friday night after 6. It goes into the recycle bin.

Most parents don't forget

I voted 3x a week. Unless there's a holiday, then it could be more than 5.
Country Kids 05:14 PM 11-13-2011
We have "Mailboxes" and almost daily there is something in it. After child is in shoes, coat, or whatever is needed I hand it to the parent to carry out. Sometimes the child carries it out though which I like because they seem very proud to be leaving with something.
mismatchedsocks 06:03 PM 11-13-2011
They go in cubbies, then I hand to parents at pick up each day I send home. I probably send an average of 2 a week. Used to do every day, but was finding in my garbage can, on my lawn, etc.
Meyou 02:46 AM 11-14-2011
Once a week when it's warm outside. 2-3 times per week when it's not. That's actually crafty things, not coloring sheets which are available all the time. I like to hang them on the walls for a couple of weeks and then send them home though. The kids are super excited to point out to their parents what they've created on the wall.
DCMom 05:31 AM 11-14-2011
I have a 10 pocket wall folder that I collect everything in over the week, from projects to worksheets to whatever they want to save. I send it all home on Fridays or the childs last day for the week. I slip it all into a plastic grocery bag and hang it on their hook to go home.
Attached: pocketchart.jpg (24.3 KB) 
2ndFamilyDC 06:35 AM 11-14-2011
I said 4 out of 5 days.

Some kids bring backpacks and put it inside to take home, but I have found the same items in there days later.

It bothers me that parents do not take the time to look at what their child
brings home and talk about it, which is what I ask them to do.
meganlavonnesmommy 09:04 AM 11-14-2011
Usually twice a week. Sometimes 3 if its rainy or cold outside.

I have an "art wall". I hang all their projects there. Mine is in my entry way as parents walk in and sign in their child. The parents can see it, it decorates my space, and the kids love to look at it during the day.

I tell parents they are welcome to take it home, or leave it to decorate my wall. Most take it home, at the end of the week whatever is there I toss.
Tags:poll, take home
Reply Up